Use of "Cane-Chairs" on excursions

I am considering the purchase of a "cane-chair" for use on excursions and at museums.  Has any other traveler used one of these to help them from becoming too tired with sore feet and back aches? If so, which ones are preferred?  Thanks for any input you can share.

6 hours ago, CatherineGirgen said:

I am considering the purchase of a "cane-chair" for use on excursions and at museums.  Has any other traveler used one of these to help them from becoming too tired with sore feet and back aches? If so, which ones are preferred?  Thanks for any input you can share.

Howdy CatherineGirgen! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 However, please note the following information at the top of each page in this forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

Since you are sailing on the Regal Princess April 19, 2020 TA, to help you out I have moved your thread to the Europe Disabled Cruising forum. Please feel free to also research the Disabled Cruise Travel forum too. Both forums are where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. You may also want to research the 55+ Cruisers forum too for more information regarding the device.

Cruise Critic is a great resource for all cruisers, whether new or experienced, and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about.   Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there that will be helpful. You will find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 4 months later...

I wouldn’t buy one with a point at the bottom as you wouldn’t be able to use it in most places with wooden floors, which will include many palaces etc throughout Europe.

Where are you going? Many museums lend them free of charge. Just look on the relevant website.