Dream turned around and heading back to Galveston

Wheels87

3 hours ago, cruisegus said:

question, since around 9 pm is prime evening time and you were once again in Texas territorial waters, was there any change noted on the usage for the Cheers package?

Or just regular bar service costs. I know when in port they have to sell at inflated prices and high Texas taxes.

If the hold off adding drinks to the tab like Royal does then it wouldn't impact cheers. All really depends on what checkbox the beverage director clicks on the POS system.

5 hours ago, rukkian said:

If you are worried about missing ports, you can always get insurance that pays for missed ports.  Some will pay as much as $1k if you miss a previously scheduled port.

can you post any insurance company paying $1,000 to miss a port. 

6 minutes ago, coevan said:

you think this includes weather related reroutes? Generally "acts of God" are not covered. I'm not sure of a medical emergency, can't see why an insurance company would offer this, as often as it happens. 

It is for missed port of call, and is part of an expensive plan.  Not everybody will pay the extra for that, but it is an option.  There have been some on these boards that got reimbursed for missing a port of call due to weather, but I have not personally ever had a missed port, so I cannot personally confirm.

I'm sure the question was more about Cheers than the tax which would also be applied with or without Cheers. When my son sailed from Galveston, he complained that Cheers didn't start right away and that the variety of alcohol and beer was restricted in the beginning.  The real question is, did Cheers go into effect before they turned around, or did they have to wait longer than normal to start Cheers?

1 minute ago, Jim and Monika said:

I'm sure the question was more about Cheers than the tax which would also be applied with or without Cheers. When my son sailed from Galveston, he complained that Cheers didn't start right away and that the variety of alcohol and beer was restricted in the beginning.  The real question is, did Cheers go into effect before they turned around, or did they have to wait longer than normal to start Cheers?

Good question, and I am guess it would have to be stopped once they got in close as well.  It probably matters whether they turned around before 6am on day 2.

3 hours ago, Wheels87 said:

We began turning around at 7am on the first sea day, so I imagine cheer had kicked in. 

I wonder if they suspended Cheers! when they got back to Galveston to drop off patient?

On 1/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, rukkian said:

It is for missed port of call, and is part of an expensive plan.  Not everybody will pay the extra for that, but it is an option.  There have been some on these boards that got reimbursed for missing a port of call due to weather, but I have not personally ever had a missed port, so I cannot personally confirm.

I had CSA insurance (from insuremytrip dot com) on our Breeze cruise in 2017... we missed Grand Cayman due to high winds and we couldn't tender... we ended up getting almost $400 pp in refund from them. The policy itself cost $259 which is high, but because my DH had health issues the year before I maxed out the coverage.

• Like 1