Drink Cards-10 punch card

• 2 weeks later...

When alcohol sales are high in most instances the ten drink cards are nowhere to be found. If sales are below projected numbers they show up, usually mid or late cruise. I was told years ago that executives at Miami headquarters make that decision. Another poster recently advised me that the Revenue Director onboard has the authority to allow the sale of the ten drink cards to take place.

39 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

When alcohol sales are high in most instances the ten drink cards are nowhere to be found. If sales are below projected numbers they show up, usually mid or late cruise. I was told years ago that executives at Miami headquarters make that decision. Another poster recently advised me that the Revenue Director onboard has the authority to allow the sale of the ten drink cards to take place.

Yeah, forget actual name on board that makes the decision, might be "Liquor Revenue Manager" Seen one a couple times on one of the behind the Scenes Royal Ships on travel channel shows. Card is one of the tricks to make that Cruises Quota. Had similar job 35+ yrs ago for a Rest/Lounge chain. Always made my Liquor, Food and Labor Costs. Earning me a Great Bonus $$$$... Last few yrs cards been offered about one third my Cruises, one leg on my usual B3B or B4B's

• 1 year later...