Deluxe Beverage Package Deals!

My wife and I are booked on the Freedom of the Seas for a cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean between 5/24-5/31/20.  Our Cruise Planner is now showing the UDP at buy one and get the second for 50% off or $51/person vs. the regular rate of $55/person.  I'm holding out to see if a better deal will be released prior to our cruise.  Am hoping a deal under $50/person may come available, but only RCCL knows.  Your thoughts?  Guess I can buy now and if a better deal shows up I can cancel and re-purchase the new one.  Thanks for your opinion/advice.

• Clarea changed the title to Deluxe Beverage Package Deals!

We purchased our Deluxe Beverage Package in advance at $56/person/day plus gratuities (the Black Friday deal for our sailing, and the lowest I ever saw it). However, once on the ship, they were offering the drink package BOGO at $75/day for two plus gratuities - it was a better deal than what we had pre-purchased.

Edited by LittleMissMagic

46 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

We purchased our Deluxe Beverage Package in advance at $56/person/day plus gratuities (the Black Friday deal for our sailing, and the lowest I ever saw it). However, once on the ship, they were offering the drink package BOGO at $75/day for two plus gratuities - it was a better deal than what we had pre-purchased.

I suspect the BOGO you saw was really BOGO 50% off, as I've never seen Royal Caribbean offer a true buy one get one free on drink packages.  The math makes sense - BOGOHO at $75 equals $56.25 per person, which is essentially what you paid pre-cruise.

Get the package if you are getting it some day.  You can cancel and rebook it at any time if the price goes down.  The BOGO 50% off is the second best deal they offer.  If you keep looking, and they want to sell more packages, you may see 30% off each person.  That is the best deal they have offered in the past.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fdthird said:

I would definitely buy it now and just keep checking.  Also forget the % off, just watch the $$!  

43 minutes ago, Jeff13 said:

Get the package if you are getting it some day.  You can cancel and rebook it at any time if the price goes down.  The BOGO 50% off is the second best deal they offer.  If you keep looking, and they want to sell more packages, you may see 30% off each person.  That is the best deal they have offered in the past.

I agree with @fdthird. For my upcoming cruise on Mariner of the Seas next month, the Deluxe Beverage Package was listed at 30% off for $69/day. Now it's on sale for BOGO50 and it's $65/day. The discount banners mean nothing.

(I've not seen this sailing go below $65/day, even on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, leetompkins said:

My wife and I are booked on the Freedom of the Seas for a cruise out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean between 5/24-5/31/20.  Our Cruise Planner is now showing the Deluxe Beverage Package at buy one and get the second for 50% off or $51/person vs. the regular rate of $55/person.  I'm holding out to see if a better deal will be released prior to our cruise.  Am hoping a deal under $50/person may come available, but only RCCL knows.  Your thoughts?  Guess I can buy now and if a better deal shows up I can cancel and re-purchase the new one.  Thanks for your opinion/advice.

Thank you all for the suggestions/recommendations for purchase of the Deluxe Beverage Package and thanks for correcting my terminology regarding this package.  My bad thinking it was the UDP which definitely refers to the Ultimate Dining Package.