Ultimate Dining Package

We want to get this, as we LOVED the specialty restaurants we experienced and did not care much for the MDR (though Windjammers was great).  We won't get much out of this for lunch since it says it only works at lunch on sea days and we only have one sea day during the cruise.  Doing the math, the current price is $22/meal if we went daily for dinner.  Have you seen better prices?  

1 minute ago, zeppgirl said:

We want to get this, as we LOVED the specialty restaurants we experienced and did not care much for the MDR (though Windjammers was great).  We won't get much out of this for lunch since it says it only works at lunch on sea days and we only have one sea day during the cruise.  Doing the math, the current price is $22/meal if we went daily for dinner.  Have you seen better prices?  

That is a very good deal.  From your description of your experience and preferences, I would say, GRAB IT.  

If it actually DOES decrease in price, you can cancel and rebook.

(by the way, most if not all ships include boarding day for lunch in the Unlimited DIning Package)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That is a very good deal.  From your description of your experience and preferences, I would say, GRAB IT.  

If it actually DOES decrease in price, you can cancel and rebook.

(by the way, most if not all ships include boarding day for lunch in the Unlimited DIning Package)

Awesome!  I did not realize that you could cancel so easily.  Seems like it might be a good thing to do then.  Will have to check on the boarding day for lunch.  Thank you!

Just beware you cannot pre-book any dinners with the package, you can only book once on board.  I made the mistake of getting all excited and buying it only to have to cancel because I can't have any guarantee we could get the times and restaurants we want.  I'd rather just pay more and have my bookings locked down.  Too bad because we are specialty dining lovers and would really have done well with the package.

6 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

We had it on our cruise with you on Oasis and loved it.

i didn’t think we would use it much for lunch but we ended up using it quite a bit.  Even though it says sea days it is actually good anytime the restaurant is open.  We ate at Portside BBQ many days at 3 and Playmakers opened even earlier. 

Definitely getting this for every Oasis class ship we sail on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We had it on our cruise with you on Oasis and loved it.

i didn’t think we would use it much for lunch but we ended up using it quite a bit.  Even though it says sea days it is actually good anytime the restaurant is open.  We ate at Portside BBQ many days at 3 and Playmakers opened even earlier. 

Definitely getting this for every Oasis class ship we sail on. 

Really helpful to know as well- thanks!  We'll be on the Freedom. Will have to see their options for dining- just getting started and luckily it's really early so I can keep checking on the prices.  Just don't want to miss out.

2 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

Really helpful to know as well- thanks!  We'll be on the Freedom. Will have to see their options for dining- just getting started and luckily it's really early so I can keep checking on the prices.  Just don't want to miss out.

You will love it.  We haven’t been to the dining room in 4-5 years. It’s either the 3 night and WJ or the unlimited for us depending on the ship.  

• Like 1

Also just starting research for this ship and seeing that it has a few options like Mystery Dinner Theater or four to five course meals.  Are these included in the package?  Otherwise it seems the options are a bit limited- I see Chops, Portofino, and Johnny Rockets as the only ones minus the multi course meals and then there is cupcake, ben & jerry's...which I assume are NOT included, right?

So if there are only 3 restaurants that this works on (and we don't plan on doing Johnny Rockets), then it may not be worth it...

Also just starting research for this ship and seeing that it has a few options like Mystery Dinner Theater or four to five course meals.  Are these included in the package?  Otherwise it seems the options are a bit limited- I see Chops, Portofino, and Johnny Rockets as the only ones minus the multi course meals and then there is cupcake, ben & jerry's...which I assume are NOT included, right?

So if there are only 3 restaurants that this works on (and we don't plan on doing Johnny Rockets), then it may not be worth it...

Mystery dinner and Chefs table, Ben and Jerrys and cupcake are not included.

This is why we only do the 3 night package on non Oasis class ships 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

Just beware you cannot pre-book any dinners with the package, you can only book once on board.  I made the mistake of getting all excited and buying it only to have to cancel because I can't have any guarantee we could get the times and restaurants we want.  I'd rather just pay more and have my bookings locked down.  Too bad because we are specialty dining lovers and would really have done well with the package.

During out October/November 2019 cruise, we had no issues getting any restaurant on any night that we wanted, and we were able to pick times that were desirable to us as well.

I think the key is to go to any specialty restaurant immediately upon boarding to ensure you get the restaurants and times you want. That said, we made several changes throughout the week and we were still able to move nights/restaurants around and get the times we wanted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mystery dinner and Chefs table, Ben and Jerrys and cupcake are not included.

This is why we only do the 3 night package on non Oasis class ships 

Looks this might be the way to go.  Too bad there aren't many options.

5 minutes ago, BTHodgeman said:

During out October/November 2019 cruise, we had no issues getting any restaurant on any night that we wanted, and we were able to pick times that were desirable to us as well.

I think the key is to go to any specialty restaurant immediately upon boarding to ensure you get the restaurants and times you want. That said, we made several changes throughout the week and we were still able to move nights/restaurants around and get the times we wanted.

We just came back from one where we did the 3 night package.  We just went immediately once we boarded and made our reservations (peak holiday sailing).  We were able to get peak times.  

We just came back from one where we did the 3 night package.  We just went immediately once we boarded and made our reservations (peak holiday sailing).  We were able to get peak times.  

We didn’t have any issues in getting the times we wanted (within 1/2 hour) for all of our days either including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Hibachi. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

I spend a lot of time prior to our cruises figuring out our dining and show schedules so I don’t have to bother with it onboard.  The last thing I want is to have to rearrange my show options because I couldn’t get the dinner reservations I want.  Plus, it’s annoying to have to run to one of the restaurants to try and make all the reservations and worry if my times are still available.  I, too, just spent a few extra dollars and book the restaurant and times I want ahead of time.  I am just one of those ppl that gets a lot of peace of mind knowing that when I step foot on that ship I don’t have to worry about a thing.  

• Like 1

I'm actually considering getting this on Anthem. I didn't see anything excluding Wonderland, but wanted to see if anyone could confirm that it's included since that would be a significant savings if we went even twice. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Mindymc said:

I'm actually considering getting this on Anthem. I didn't see anything excluding Wonderland, but wanted to see if anyone could confirm that it's included since that would be a significant savings if we went even twice. Thanks!

Wonderland is included. 

On 1/8/2020 at 1:53 PM, zeppgirl said:

are you on Freedom pre-drydock or post? We’re going this summer and all the old restaurants are still listed, but my understanding is there should be Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, Chops, Izumi(hibatchi and sushi) And the new Giovanis. I figured the package would be worth it with the new restaurants. 

it has also been our experience that you can go anytime the restaurant is open- not just sea days for lunch. We would go to Johnny rockets just for ice cream sundaes after hot port days. Also, if you we’re looking for ice cream I’ve heard good things about the sundaes from Playmakers. Remember you could go to an early dinner, see a show, and be able to use the package at playmakers for evening bar food. 

13 hours ago, reaton said:

are you on Freedom pre-drydock or post? We’re going this summer and all the old restaurants are still listed, but my understanding is there should be Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, Chops, Izumi(hibatchi and sushi) And the new Giovanis. I figured the package would be worth it with the new restaurants. 

it has also been our experience that you can go anytime the restaurant is open- not just sea days for lunch. We would go to Johnny rockets just for ice cream sundaes after hot port days. Also, if you we’re looking for ice cream I’ve heard good things about the sundaes from Playmakers. Remember you could go to an early dinner, see a show, and be able to use the package at playmakers for evening bar food. 

I assume it will be post, since we are going December and it's supposed to be this year.  I'm still unsure...playmakers I thought was more of a bar?  I didn't realize they had much food as well, especially not sundaes!  That's pretty cool.  We would definitely do Chops and Giovannis.  I think with Izumi, $35 was included?  I don't remember the exact amount, but I don't think hibachi was included, just part of the price.  The other Giovanni's seems to be a pizza place so all in all if you're trying to get the most value and want to eat high end, there aren't too many options.  Still on the fence because I could eat at 2 restaurants the whole time but like trying new places.

Just now, zeppgirl said:

I assume it will be post, since we are going December and it's supposed to be this year.  I'm still unsure...playmakers I thought was more of a bar?  I didn't realize they had much food as well, especially not sundaes!  That's pretty cool.  We would definitely do Chops and Giovannis.  I think with Izumi, $35 was included?  I don't remember the exact amount, but I don't think hibachi was included, just part of the price.  The other Giovanni's seems to be a pizza place so all in all if you're trying to get the most value and want to eat high end, there aren't too many options.  Still on the fence because I could eat at 2 restaurants the whole time but like trying new places.

Hibachi is included.  Same $35 credit that they give you at Izumi.  Hibachi cost is $45 for 1 protein or $49 for 2.  You will be charged either $10 or $14 although some report only the $10 charge even for the 2 proteins. 

I’m guessing that Giovannis will I have more than pizza.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hibachi is included.  Same $35 credit that they give you at Izumi.  Hibachi cost is $45 for 1 protein or $49 for 2.  You will be charged either $10 or $14 although some report only the $10 charge even for the 2 proteins. 

I’m guessing that Giovannis will I have more than pizza.

Yes the original one but the one they are adding seems more like a pizza place rather than fine dining.

Yes the original one but the one they are adding seems more like a pizza place rather than fine dining.

I think it will be a cross between the two.  More like Jamies Italian. More casual in ambiance but with more on the menu than just pizza