Ultimate Dining Package

4 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Does lunch require reservations like dinner? I'm going to be on Oasis and I'm assuming lunch venues don't require reservations, only dinner.

When we were on the Harmony last May they were turning people away that did not have reservations.  

On 1/8/2020 at 6:31 PM, Mindymc said:

I'm actually considering getting this on Anthem. I didn't see anything excluding Wonderland, but wanted to see if anyone could confirm that it's included since that would be a significant savings if we went even twice. Thanks!

Wonderland is included. 

I am only 92% sure - not 100 - but I believe that if you want to eat at Wonderland a second time with your UDP, there is a surcharge. (Maybe $10???)

On 1/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, zeppgirl said:

Also just starting research for this ship and seeing that it has a few options like Mystery Dinner Theater or four to five course meals.  Are these included in the package?  Otherwise it seems the options are a bit limited- I see Chops, Portofino, and Johnny Rockets as the only ones minus the multi course meals and then there is cupcake, ben & jerry's...which I assume are NOT included, right?

So if there are only 3 restaurants that this works on (and we don't plan on doing Johnny Rockets), then it may not be worth it...

On 1/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, Tulsacoker said:

If al your choices are Chops and Portofino I would personally not get the package. Not enough variety for my liking  

On 1/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Mystery dinner and Chefs table, Ben and Jerrys and cupcake are not included.

This is why we only do the 3 night package on non Oasis class ships 

I’m sitting here, saying to myself, “Portofino?!?!?!” and NO ONE else is?!?!?!

Portofino is LONG gone. 

The Italian restaurant has been Giovanni’s Table for a verrrrry long time. 😊

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

When we were on the Harmony last May they were turning people away that did not have reservations.  

Really? For lunch? Which specialty locations were open and turning people away? What about the fast food places like Playmakers (bar)?

On 1/8/2020 at 1:49 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

We had it on our cruise with you on Oasis and loved it.

i didn’t think we would use it much for lunch but we ended up using it quite a bit.  Even though it says sea days it is actually good anytime the restaurant is open.  We ate at Portside BBQ many days at 3 and Playmakers opened even earlier. 

Definitely getting this for every Oasis class ship we sail on. 

We have had this on our last 3 Oasis class trips, and find it worth it for us. We dine as 2 only. Not fans of the MDR experience, as a glorified cafeteria. Lunch and mid afternoon snack, was great for access, where available. Lunch at Izumi for Sushi on 2 sea days was great. Next trip we will try Chops lunch on sea day.

we, find it worth while when pre-buy discounts in cruise planner are offered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I’m sitting here, saying to myself, “Portofino?!?!?!” and NO ONE else is?!?!?!

Portofino is LONG gone. 

The Italian restaurant has been Giovanni’s Table for a verrrrry long time. 😊

On Oasis class ships its Jaime's,  not Giovannis.

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Harmony and Symphony it’s Jamies, on Oasis and Allure it is Giovanni’s. 

And Giovanni’s like Portofino’s ( which we miss) does have the Osso Buco,,  a favourite of mine. Not available at Jamie’s.

11 hours ago, zeppgirl said:

I assume it will be post, since we are going December and it's supposed to be this year.  I'm still unsure...playmakers I thought was more of a bar?  I didn't realize they had much food as well, especially not sundaes!  That's pretty cool.  We would definitely do Chops and Giovannis.  I think with Izumi, $35 was included?  I don't remember the exact amount, but I don't think hibachi was included, just part of the price.  The other Giovanni's seems to be a pizza place so all in all if you're trying to get the most value and want to eat high end, there aren't too many options.  Still on the fence because I could eat at 2 restaurants the whole time but like trying new places.

we’re going in August so I will try to leave a review of the updated food offerings. From what I read, Giovanni’s should be like it was on Allure but with an expanded pizza menu. More like fine dining Italian that includes pizza on the menu than going to the local Pizza Hut (but i could be wrong).

Playmakers is a bar, but they have a pub-ish food menu. I’m excited to see if it is the same or different than the oasis class. I wouldn’t eat there for dinner- but lunch or a late night snack would be an option.  

Izumi hibachi is included for 1 protein and 2 can be an up charge (or included). They did finally add to the fine print that it is actually included so you can point to that if there is confusion. 

Thanks for all the info.  Was just going on what restaurants were available by what RC had on their site for options.  For Izumi, is the sushi an option too if you don't opt for the hibachi?  How many rolls/appetizers could a person get?  

I think I need to start thinking about all of the snack options as well, as we'll be coming back from shore excursions and might be hungry mid-day.

8 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

Thanks for all the info.  Was just going on what restaurants were available by what RC had on their site for options.  For Izumi, is the sushi an option too if you don't opt for the hibachi?  How many rolls/appetizers could a person get?  

I think I need to start thinking about all of the snack options as well, as we'll be coming back from shore excursions and might be hungry mid-day.

Sushi and Hibachi are two separate areas although side by side.

you can get a ton of Sushi for your $35 credit per person. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach