6 Night Magic or 7 Night Breeze

dlphn501

I'm debating between a 6 night cruise on Carnival Magic (Miami -Sea - Half Moon Cay - Grand Turk - Amber Cove - Sea) and a 7 night cruise on Carnival Breeze (Port Canaveral - Sea - Amber Cove - St. Thomas - San Juan - Grand Turk - Sea).  The price per person, per day is roughly the same, so obviously the Breeze is about $500 more.  From the little bit of research I have done, it looks like Breeze is a better option because it's a newer ship with nicer decor, and PC is a much better embarkation port (and it's about half the distance from my home).  I haven't sailed out of Miami (yet), but I've been to the city, and I hate the traffic and the rude people.  I'll be driving to the port, so airport transportation is not an issue.  I've never been to any of the ports of call, and it will be me and my 2 daughters ages 13 and 8 1/2.  

I am familiar with HMC and have been to Princess Cays; I know it's just a free beach day.  So the main difference between both is an extra day on Breeze, and the addition of San Juan and St. Thomas.

Which itinerary would you pick and why?

If you have time to edit this post, I suggest making a poll. This is so you have a quick tally of your options. That said, I would chose the Breeze. I am a bit hesitant, as $500 is a pretty big price differential, but since the Breeze looks much nicer than the Magic, I stay with my choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlphn501 said:

I'm debating between a 6 night cruise on Carnival Magic (Miami -Sea - Half Moon Cay - Grand Turk - Amber Cove - Sea) and a 7 night cruise on Carnival Breeze (Port Canaveral - Sea - Amber Cove - St. Thomas - San Juan - Grand Turk - Sea).  The price per person, per day is roughly the same, so obviously the Breeze is about $500 more.  From the little bit of research I have done, it looks like Breeze is a better option because it's a newer ship with nicer decor, and PC is a much better embarkation port (and it's about half the distance from my home).  I haven't sailed out of Miami (yet), but I've been to the city, and I hate the traffic and the rude people.  I'll be driving to the port, so airport transportation is not an issue.  I've never been to any of the ports of call, and it will be me and my 2 daughters ages 13 and 8 1/2.  

I am familiar with HMC and have been to Princess Cays; I know it's just a free beach day.  So the main difference between both is an extra day on Breeze, and the addition of San Juan and St. Thomas.

Which itinerary would you pick and why?

I have been on the Magic, 3 years ago, It's a very nice ship.But I prefer the Breeze and Port Canaveral much better. It's a much nicer port and the people are friendly, I will be back there on the Breeze in July 2020.

Edited by Garf
  • Like 1

Breeze is my favorite ship and I just booked it again for November. Breeze itinerary gives you much more excursion options.  The Magic itinerary, your only options are pretty much beach days in HMC and GT, there's not much else to do there. 

Magic is my favorite Carnival ship and still has a lot of character since it was designed by Joe Farcus. Breeze, Vista, and Horizon are all very bland in my opinion (I haven’t sailed on Panorama yet).  Despite this, I would pick Breeze based on the information in your post.