Gone Caribe The Best Tour of our Vacation

mattR

Just returned back from our cruise on the Explorer of the Seas we were in Curacao Jan 2/20 and we toured with Gone Caribe. We prebooked a private tailor made tour with Gone Caribe and we were not disappointed.  We had Jo as our tour guide as Jessica was touring another couple that day.  Jo was very friendly and had lots to tell us about the island.  Jo was good at taking us to places between the big buses.  We showed up to snorkel with the turtles and there was a large group but Jo said they would be gone in about ten min which they were and it was so much nicer when the large groups were out of the water.  I would definitely book with Gone Caribe again if we ever get back to Curacao.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We met Jo at the Star Bucks just outside the port then we hoped into Jo's SUV and we headed west to look at some flamingos then we went to the beach with the turtles he recommended 45 min but we enjoyed it so much we probably stayed 1.25 hours then we went to a "national" park where we stopped at two different spots one with a bit of a blow hole and you could see the rugged cliffs and coast line and another with a small cave you could go into.  We then stooped at a nice restaurant that had a view of a nice bay and across the bay there was a 40' cliff jump that you could do if you wanted we decided to wait and do the shorter cliff jump at the next beach.  We were hopping to order Iguana but they were out that day:(  We then headed to the islands most popular beach that has the smaller cliff jump that we did.  My daughter did it  a few times as she wanted to perfect her back flip:)  My wife loves foreign country grocery stores so we had Jo take us to one so that we could check it out for a bit.  We then had Jo try to track down a post office for us as we had a few postcards we wanted to mail.  He returned us to the port and we had a few min to do some quick souvenir shopping and that was our day.  We paid $90 a person so a bit more then the Irene Tour that is somewhat similar but was nice to have the private guide and have Jo get us to places between the tour buses.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:52 PM, mattR said:

We met Jo at the Star Bucks just outside the port then we hoped into Jo's SUV and we headed west to look at some flamingos then we went to the beach with the turtles he recommended 45 min but we enjoyed it so much we probably stayed 1.25 hours then we went to a "national" park where we stopped at two different spots one with a bit of a blow hole and you could see the rugged cliffs and coast line and another with a small cave you could go into.  We then stooped at a nice restaurant that had a view of a nice bay and across the bay there was a 40' cliff jump that you could do if you wanted we decided to wait and do the shorter cliff jump at the next beach.  We were hopping to order Iguana but they were out that day:(  We then headed to the islands most popular beach that has the smaller cliff jump that we did.  My daughter did it  a few times as she wanted to perfect her back flip:)  My wife loves foreign country grocery stores so we had Jo take us to one so that we could check it out for a bit.  We then had Jo try to track down a post office for us as we had a few postcards we wanted to mail.  He returned us to the port and we had a few min to do some quick souvenir shopping and that was our day.  We paid $90 a person so a bit more then the Irene Tour that is somewhat similar but was nice to have the private guide and have Jo get us to places between the tour buses.  

How long was your tour ? And did they charge the same price for kids ? 

I believe it was Kleine Knip.  We also could have gone at another place close by Playa Forti where we stopped for lunch that was probably twice as high but we opted to just do the smaller jump.

9 hours ago, mattR said:

I believe it was Kleine Knip.  We also could have gone at another place close by Playa Forti where we stopped for lunch that was probably twice as high but we opted to just do the smaller jump.

Was it Grote Knip (Kenepa Grandi)?

• 1 year later...

The wife and I have booked another excursion with them in 2022. We are looking forward to pass the day in magnificent Curacao with Joseph & Jessica. We had an amazing time last time on our Sunset tour with them. We are happy that they were able to continue on with their small company even through the pandemic!

• 1 month later...

we also had a great tour with jessica just 2 days 03/2019 before covid shut down in the USA.

it was a highlight in our cruise. turns out that was the last thing we have done since.

but now book again to tour with jessica and joseph in may of 2022. so great was the tour. at the time i had no idea it was a private tour.

cant go wrong with them.

Thank you for sharing Gone Caribe. We toured with Joey last week. Awesome! Here's my review: Wow, what a great time! Our customized tour with Joey brought us to two fantastic snorkeling spots where we saw sea turtles and all types of fish we had never seen before. En route, we saw many interesting and beautiful sites on the island. Joey had great information to share about all of it. He's very personable and fun to spend time with. Communications with Jessica were timely and informative. This tour was the same price range as our ship's excursion, but we had our own personal guide who kept track of our things, answered all of our questions, and personalized exactly where we wanted to go, allowing us to just relax and enjoy. Highly recommend!

• 6 months later...

We had a great time with Jessica in April.  Met her and Joseph at Starbucks. Then of in her small SUV with right hand steering.  Wife wanted to see flamingos but they were far away.  Stopped at local grocery store and bought cheese, great prices.  Were going to go to Papas for lunch on the beach but wife wanted to go shopping so Jessica took us around the fort area and across the bridge. Also went up to the plaza where the Curacao sign was and Jessica directed me to the spot with local craft IPA (not Montana).  So we had a great time.  Jessica is Canadian , and a Habs fan, and can give you a really good lay of the land and history and continued development on the island.