Traveling the week before Easter

MLouise1983

Hello, everyone! First time cruisers here. We just booked a Seven night Eastern Caribbean cruise for 3/27/21-4/3/21 on the Escape. Since we’ve never cruised before, I was unsure if the week before Easter is a bad time to go, as the ship might be flooded with lots rowdy teens. Has anyone ever cruised at this time and

could offer some words of wisdom? 

You will likely have a lot of people on it for spring break. 

The beginning of March (Florida schools and colleges) until the week of/after Easter is Spring break time. You're missing the Florida schools and a lot of the colleges, but I think that's prime time for schools farther up north/west. 

Edited by smplybcause

1 hour ago, MLouise1983 said:

Hello, everyone! First time cruisers here. We just booked a Seven night Eastern Caribbean cruise for 3/27/21-4/3/21 on the Escape. Since we’ve never cruised before, I was unsure if the week before Easter is a bad time to go, as the ship might be flooded with lots rowdy teens. Has anyone ever cruised at this time and

could offer some words of wisdom? 

Going to be a cluster puck

You should already know somewhat that is would be busier. We have two kids that we sail with on spring break almost every year. It’s not that bad. I will say that usually college aged kids have their spring break earlier in March and high school and middle school kids have their break around the time of your sailing. You may be spared the masses of Drunk 21 year olds by a few weeks. 

19 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You should already know somewhat that is would be busier. We have two kids that we sail with on spring break almost every year. It’s not that bad. I will say that usually college aged kids have their spring break earlier in March and high school and middle school kids have their break around the time of your sailing. You may be spared the masses of Drunk 21 year olds by a few weeks. 

I actually don’t mind the drunk 21 year olds.  I despise the grumpy old people who think kids shouldn’t be on the cruise or think they aren’t paying costumers and are rude to them In the buffet line!  😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mom2kmo said:

I actually don’t mind the drunk 21 year olds.  I despise the grumpy old people who think kids shouldn’t be on the cruise or think they aren’t paying costumers and are rude to them In the buffet line!  😛

I agree. Grumpy old people wouldn’t be so grumpy if they planned better as well as knowing that they too are sailing spring break where there are lots of kids. I always say that if older cruisers want to complain about kids, they should sail Holland, Celebrity or Princess and not ships that are designed for families and kids activities.  

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

I'm on this sailing.  We always travel this week every year. 

The ship will be full.  We find that if we have this in our brain.....we are forearmed.  Crowded.

If you are going to the buffet it's better to go at odd times.  We take all our meals early. 

We be old non-grumpy people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been on the Escape this particular week 3 years ago and on Epic the last 2, and will be again this year. The year we were on Escape had Vibe passes and spent most time on ship there during the day. However, did go and use slides and did hang at the pool one day and really do not remember an overload of kids or college kids. Same on last 2 on Epic, but again spent our days at H2O. But again do not recall a lot of kids. Definitely not a lot of college kids on spring break on all 3 prior cruises this week.

• Thanks 1

We’ve cruised at this time several times, because we have school-aged kids. You can expect a more crowded ship with lots of kids and teens. In my experience, the teens are far less rowdy than some of the adults. 

We were on Breakaway last year during spring break, right after the Oasis accident, so a lot of their passengers were re-booked onto our ship. The first sea day the pool deck was more crowded than usual, and not a pleasant place to be. After that, though, there were still plenty of loungers and plenty of room in the pool throughout the day. We bought spa passes, and my husband loved that adults-only respite from all the noise. 

Make your show and dinner reservations in advance, because everything will be full. 

Mostly, it’s all about the attitude. Plan ahead and have a great cruise!

• Like 1