"Table of A" Dining

BaxCruiser

Wondering if anyone has recent experience with this -- we are a group of 10 traveling together on the Zuiderdam next month.  We've been going back and forth with our PCC trying to arrange early fixed dining for our group.  First we had a table of 10, then we were switched to a table of 6 and 4 (!!!), and now we have "Early, Table of A on request".  

I have a call in to our PCC to clarify, but in the meantime maybe someone here has experience with this.  Thank you.

If it were me, I'd prefer the group be broken into 2 tables.  At 10-tops you end up with 3 conversations going on at one time.  It's impossible to hear or talk to the people at the other end of the table.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BaxCruiser said:

"Early, Table of A on request".  

I have a call in to our PCC to clarify, but in the meantime maybe someone here has experience with this.  Thank you.

We had a table for 10 on the Zaandam -- it was noted in a strange way although I don't recall if it was exactly what you have. But what it meant was that the table for 10 (there aren't too many!) was in the ANYTIME dining room. It was a big round table, but we were normally able to converse -- share our day -- just fine.

It may be that we were 'overhearable' by the tables around us, though, because one time my "little" sister, 36-yo at the time, asked the table "What's the elevation here?" and I replied with a straight face "Sea Level". And then everyone burst out laughing! THEN, it turned out later at the young-persons' hang out (i.e. the aft pool after dark -- not official, just were they would end up) -- other people were all joshing her about the question!

Of course, she's quite vivacious and it seemed everyone on the ship, staff and guests, knew my little sister by the end of two weeks! And most of them it seems knew the joke.

ETA: and sometimes you just talked to the people nearest you, which might be 3 conversations at once, but that's OK too. 

Edited by crystalspin

We did a couple of family cruises which required a table for 10. Both were on the Zuiderdam and both were at a large round table. It went really well in that we could all converse and we had awesome servers.  We weren’t given a fixed time but we could reserve a specific time for 3 nights running and then reserve again when those 3 nights ran out.  Never had a problem.  Enjoy your cruise!