Questions About MSC Divina Dining

fdpevey

I'm not being very successful navigating the MSC website to find details about dining options on the MSC Divina. WIll some of you who have sailed her help me out?

The two main dining rooms are the Black Crab and the Villa Rossa. The Yacht Club's Main Dining Room is Le Muse.Calumet Buffet is the main Buffet. Having cruised I think I have a good idea of what to expect in each (but if anyone has some special tips for these restaurants, let me know.)

My biggest blanks are the "specialty" restaurants.

La Cantina di Bacco is listed on the Deck Plan, and I found a menu for a restaurant called Eataly (attached) … are these the same? Will someone clarify?

I found a menu on CC for Butchers Cut and Galaxy Restaurant (Also attached - thanks, original posters!). Looking forward to Butchers Cut, not so much for me for Galaxy. I have dined in pan-Asian restaurants on other cruise lines, but the Galaxy doesn’t seem to offer much if you don’t care for cold seafood. Am I right?

My other questions are:

Are there other dining options (beyond La Cantina di Bacco, Butchers Cut, and Galaxy) I should try to work into my upcoming cruise on the MSC Divina?

Am I correct that these all are al la carte restaurants? How does that work if I am sailing in the Yacht Club?

Thanks for any information you will share.

Eataly.PDF butchers-cut-menu.PDF Galaxy.pdf

Edited by fdpevey

You've got the MDR's correct.  Bella and Fantastica are divided up between the two, Aurea uses the lower level of the Black crab restaurant for My Choice dining without set times.  The specialty restaurants Eatly, Ristorante Italia and Galaxy Fusion are gone.  They have been replaced by Butchers Cut and Galaxy Sushi, aka Kaito Sushi on other ships.  The specialty restaurants are available using dining packages, pay as you go a' la carte or as a diamond card Voyagers Club member meal.  They have a set dining experience menu and also an a' la carte section.  YC makes no difference with the specialty restaurants.  The menus are pretty standard across the fleet and are searchable here and on Google.  The wine bar/cantina offers for fee snacks and special pizzas during the day but really isn't a restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Até said:

or as a diamond card Voyagers Club member meal.

The Diamond benefits say "Tasting Menu". Is that the same as the "Dinner Experience" selection? Somewhat related .. if you are going to use this Diamond benefit, can you reserve a time pre-cruise or only after onboard?

50 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

The Diamond benefits say "Tasting Menu". Is that the same as the "Dinner Experience" selection? Somewhat related .. if you are going to use this Diamond benefit, can you reserve a time pre-cruise or only after onboard?

Only onboard.

4 hours ago, publicpersona said:

"Tasting menu" and "Dining experience" are referring to the same thing, a selection of an appetizer, main and dessert form a set section of the restaurant's menu.  For some ships, I believe Seaside and newer, if you pre-purchase the specialty dining package on the MSC website you can pick the date and time for each meal.  The Diamond card meal must be scheduled once on board.

Edited by Até