Has anyone ever used Shore Excursioneer before?

lissajeff24

Some in my group are considering using them for a resort day pass type excursion in Nassau.  I am always hesitant to use anyone but Carnival because of all the "what ifs" but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.

Thanks in advance! 

Lots of people have. I won't use them because they're a broker. I always book with the locals directly, cutting out the middle man. If you book with the locals directly, you can see their reviews, learn about them, see feedback from other people. If you go through Shore Excursioneer, ShoreFox, Viator, Island Marketing, etc., they're brokers. They're not the ones doing your tour. They hire a local to do it. So you cannot vet them and get accurate reviews. Not saying they're not good companies, you just won't know who you're with until the day of. I want to know who I am with and talk to them before hand. (we won't ever do Carnival excursions either)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Lots of people have. I won't use them because they're a broker. I always book with the locals directly, cutting out the middle man. If you book with the locals directly, you can see their reviews, learn about them, see feedback from other people. If you go through Shore Excursioneer, ShoreFox, Viator, Island Marketing, etc., they're brokers. They're not the ones doing your tour. They hire a local to do it. So you cannot vet them and get accurate reviews. Not saying they're not good companies, you just won't know who you're with until the day of. I want to know who I am with and talk to them before hand. (we won't ever do Carnival excursions either)

Good point.  Cutting out the middle man.  I will look into the resort directly, see if it's any better.  According to the web site, it's up to us to get ourselves to the resort & back to the ship, so we'd be paying $100 for the resort plus cab fare.  So they don't even provide a shuttle or anything.  Maybe booking directly w/the resort can get us a slightly better deal.  We'll see.

Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I agree w you about brokers.  However, with Viator, you can usually go onto their site to pick a tour and then do a bit of research to figure out who is actually doing the tour.  That way, the tour company gets to keep all the money.  That said, there have been times when I did use Viator and I was pretty satisfied with the tours I took w them.

In response to the OP's specific question about "what ifs",  it is hard to see what sort of "what if" scenario could occur on a Nassau day pass.  You get off the ship and are taken to the day pass location and then are taken at the end of the day you are taken back to the ship.  In a worse case scenario, you could take a taxi from the day pass location back to the ship.

The OP is being a bit of a worry wart.

DON

4 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I agree w you about brokers.  However, with Viator, you can usually go onto their site to pick a tour and then do a bit of research to figure out who is actually doing the tour.  That way, the tour company gets to keep all the money.  That said, there have been times when I did use Viator and I was pretty satisfied with the tours I took w them.

In response to the OP's specific question about "what ifs",  it is hard to see what sort of "what if" scenario could occur on a Nassau day pass.  You get off the ship and are taken to the day pass location and then are taken at the end of the day you are taken back to the ship.  In a worse case scenario, you could take a taxi from the day pass location back to the ship.

The OP is being a bit of a worry wart.

DON

Maybe I am being a worry wart.  What difference does it make to you?  Oh wait, it doesn't.  But I do appreciate your take on my personality.  Have a nice day 😒  

34 minutes ago, lissajeff24 said:

Maybe I am being a worry wart.  What difference does it make to you?  Oh wait, it doesn't.  But I do appreciate your take on my personality.  Have a nice day 😒  

I gave you what I thought was useful non-negative advice and a good answer to your question and then commented that you were being a bit of a worry wart thereby suggesting that you had nothing to worry about if you dealt w someone other than Carnival for your resort day in Nassau. 

I could have replaced the worry wart sentence with  "I think that there will not be any problems if you dealt w a non-Carnival tour operator instead of dealing w Carnival" which would have been saying exactly the same thing but wording it differently.  Would that have made you feel better about my response.

DON

Edited by donaldsc