Princess Senior Ship Staff, inc Cruise Directors & Entertainment Directors

CCHelp

4 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

Does anyone know if Martyn Moss was the assistant cruise director on Ruby Princess back in 2010? I know the assistant we had was a Martyn and he was fabulous. Curious if it was him and if he still is a cruise director for Princess?

We sailed on the Grand Feb 12, 2010 and Martyn Moss was our Cruise Director.  Just saw on Facebook that Martyn Moss is back at sea on the CB Jan 4.  Lisa Ball was the CD on the Ruby Jan 19, 2010 when we sailed with her, didn't keep track of assistant Cruise Directors.

5 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

Does anyone know if Martyn Moss was the assistant cruise director on Ruby Princess back in 2010? I know the assistant we had was a Martyn and he was fabulous. Curious if it was him and if he still is a cruise director for Princess?

47 minutes ago, DrJohn said:

We sailed on the Grand Feb 12, 2010 and Martyn Moss was our Cruise Director.  Just saw on Facebook that Martyn Moss is back at sea on the CB Jan 4.  Lisa Ball was the CD on the Ruby Jan 19, 2010 when we sailed with her, didn't keep track of assistant Cruise Directors.

MM was the ED on Regal before the coronavirus struck.  Presume he would return in same position, but IDK.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:34 AM, In Toronto said:

Please refresh my memory - How long do Cruise Directors stay on the ship?    What about Captains?  

Thanks.

Captains are typically two months on and two months off.  Cruise directors I have known can have contracts from six to eight months.  

2 hours ago, Max Circus said:

Captains are typically two months on and two months off.  Cruise directors I have known can have contracts from six to eight months.  

Thank You Max Circus.  I thought that I had read that Captain Tuvo is on Caribbean Princes as of January 4th.  We are on April 26.  Hoped the timing would be a little different so we could experience being on with him.  But, sounds like not to be.  Not even sure that I read correctly that he was being assigned to that ship. 

Ellen

4 hours ago, In Toronto said:

Thank You Max Circus.  I thought that I had read that Captain Tuvo is on Caribbean Princes as of January 4th.  We are on April 26.  Hoped the timing would be a little different so we could experience being on with him.  But, sounds like not to be.  Not even sure that I read correctly that he was being assigned to that ship. 

Ellen

Capt. Tuva was with us on the Sky, at least until January 8th.

On 2/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, In Toronto said:

Ellen

We just got off of the Sky Princess with Captain Tuvo.  He was heading home to California yesterday and his next assignment is going to be the Caribbean Princess.  I am not sure when he is scheduled to begin on the Caribbean, but he indicated it is typically three months on and three months off.  So April 26 might be too soon for you.  But, I don't know for sure.

46 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

We just got off of the Sky Princess with Captain Tuvo.  He was heading home to California yesterday and his next assignment is going to be the Caribbean Princess.  I am not sure when he is scheduled to begin on the Caribbean, but he indicated it is typically three months on and three months off.  So April 26 might be too soon for you.  But, I don't know for sure.

It makes sense that he will be boarding as we get off on Mary 14th.  That would be about 3 months on and 3 months off.  Too bad for us.  Not that it makes a ton of difference but someone like him can add that extra little bit of pleasure to the cruise, especially because it is a longer cruise with a lot of days at sea.

Thanks Jersey42

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, In Toronto said:

Not that it makes a ton of difference but someone like him can add that extra little bit of pleasure to the cruise, especially because it is a longer cruise with a lot of days at sea.

Definitely.  We once had Captain Tuvo on a 28 day cruise with lots of sea days, including a stretch of eight in a row.  His personality and visibility certainly added to the enjoyment of most passengers.

• Like 3

On 2/22/2022 at 12:49 AM, cruisingrob21 said:

Given that Capt Tuvo is one of the more senior Captains, it would make sense he would be in charge of the Caribbean while she heads to drydock in Oregon in April.

Why would that be?

On 2/21/2022 at 3:36 AM, windsurferfirst said:

Oh no! I had enough of him on the Regal last year. We are on Sky in April. Lets hope he has moved on again by then. 

Just had him in the sky this past week., I have never really been a fan of him even when he was assistant cruise director, as I just remember him being obnoxious and this is coming from someone who's much, much younger than he is. I will tell you after just coming off the sky with him as director I cannot even stand him in even small doses to say the least. I know he's supposed to move on over to the Island Princess I believe come April if not next month. He tries too hard and to say that he's beyond over the top is an understatement. Please know this is my own personal feelings. 

To top it off my dad made me chuckle on his description of him on this past cruise and my dad never complains about anything or anyone. He pretty much calls him a clown or better yet a buffoon with the way he acts. I am pretty sure any other Cruise director would be 10 times more delightful than he is.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1