Princess Senior Ship Staff, inc Cruise Directors & Entertainment Directors

CCHelp

On 7/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, guycruiser said:

Does anyone know if you can email the princess maitre d's like you can Carnival's? If so does anyone have the list?

Thanks GR

Yes, you can but that doesn’t accomplish anything. Princess is now 100% reservation via the MedallionClass app so there’s no pre-requested or pre-assigned table seating other than what you reserve in the app. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Yes, you can but that doesn’t accomplish anything. Princess is now 100% reservation via the MedallionClass app so there’s no pre-requested or pre-assigned table seating other than what you reserve in the app. 

Wow! Haven't seen you here in the Princess boards for quite some time. Welcome back. 😁

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

I'd modify that statement somewhat.  AT diners can still show up at the designated DR for on-the-spot seating request.  They may or may not have to wait a bit, depending on DR load at the time - same as it was before.  Do not need the App.  Also, guests can access the dining requests via stateroom TV.

I would say a relatively tiny percentage of guests would know and have a MD's email to advance write and request a particular table.  Those who have dining requests/modifications can seek out the MD on board and they usually have "office" hours in one the mid-ship DR's on Embarkation Afternoon.  Otherwise, they are around for dinner service of course. 

We got off the Regal on Tuesday. The CD Andy S was really good. I had never been on a cruise where he was CD before. He is very interactive with the guests. I didn't know Matt O either but after reading his FB ramblings on why he left I think he needs to rest and take a view on what he wants to do in the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

We got off the Regal on Tuesday. The CD Andy S was really good. I had never been on a cruise where he was CD before. He is very interactive with the guests. I didn't know Matt O either but after reading his FB ramblings on why he left I think he needs to rest and take a view on what he wants to do in the future.

yes Andi was very visible and engaged with a lot of guests. We had a few chats with him.  He was an Assistant CD on our Sky Princess inaugural 18 months ago so nice to see him doing well. 

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

So the Grand is the next up in USA in September, any hints or confirmation on the Grand CD ?

**** If I missed it on a previous post, forgive me 🤪****

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 1:45 PM, Wisconsin Travelers said:

According to her Instagram posting today, Jody Miles will be the CD on the Emerald, effecting 06 September.  We're excited - She was our CD in Oct-Nov 2019 in Australia on the Sun and we enjoyed her high energy and sassy personality.

Great.  We will be on the Emerald November 6th for her first voyage out of Port Everglades.  I don't recall ever being on a voyage with Jody but I know it will be just fine.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:59 PM, srpilo said:

So the Grand is the next up in USA in September, any hints or confirmation on the Grand CD ?

**** If I missed it on a previous post, forgive me 🤪****

Hi Srpilo   

I called Princess   CD Gary Spaulding  as scheduled  ~ 'know ED 

Happy Sailing soon  

🚢  Seababe

Anyone know what has happened with Peter Tredgett? I really enjoyed his energy on the cruises we’ve had him on. 
I haven’t seen his name mentioned in a while.

For  the most part, CDs and EDs don’t enhance our cruise in any way, but I did really enjoy Peter Tredgett‘s upbeat energy and enthusiasm.

50 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Anyone know what has happened with Peter Tredgett? I really enjoyed his energy on the cruises we’ve had him on. 

For  the most part, CDs and EDs don’t enhance our cruise in any way, but I did really enjoy Peter Tredgett‘s upbeat energy and enthusiasm.

Peter was the CD on our very first cruise. We enjoyed him. I once mentioned him to another CD (one we really didn't care for at all) and he kind of "sniffed" and made a face. He said something like, "I guess some people like him".  Such a professional guy. No wonder we didn't like him. Perhaps Peter is just a bit silly for him or something. He certainly did get into it when we sailed with him. That was in 2011 and we haven't sailed with him since although the old CD thread did mention him a number of times pre-covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jennybenny said:

He was the CD on board when the 2020 World Cruise began (I joined in LA)  He was due to leave in Sydney or maybe Melbourne.  The respiratory/bronchitis thing that was very rampant at the time got him and he was confined to cabin the few days before he left.  He was heading home to a waiting wife he said.  I have not heard anything about him since he left the little Pacific Princess.  He was replace early by another Peter, PJ de Kock from Cape Town SA who happened to have just arrived on board at one of the ports.  PJ is one of the most fabulous CD's EVER!  He got us through the abrupt halt of our cruise in March 2020 and 18 days straight at sea as we turned around in the middle of the Indian Ocean and were dumped off the ship in Fremantle, Australia to unexpectedly fly home.  Unfortunately Princess has not called on him to come back (UNBELIEVABLE!) and the latest I know is he has taken a job with EFFY and will be on other cruise lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kevin Tugwell will take over as the CD on the Majestic beginning August 29. He is on my current cruise and shadowing Dan Falconer. One of the assistant cruise directors told us that with the current Covid protocols, the new people joining the crew have to quarantine a week before assuming their duties. They're stuck in passenger cabins while doing that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 6:23 AM, geoherb said:

Kevin Tugwell will take over as the CD on the Majestic beginning August 29. He is on my current cruise and shadowing Dan Falconer. One of the assistant cruise directors told us that with the current Covid protocols, the new people joining the crew have to quarantine a week before assuming their duties. They're stuck in passenger cabins while doing that.

Love Kevin Tugwell so glad he will be on our September 19th cruise.  We have been on 2 cruises with him. And I keep up with him from his girlfriend’s instagram blog. 

Is there a list or something somewhere that details which CDs have stayed with Princess? Some of them were quite good. The others ranged from "OK" to "not so swell" down to "please get some other job because you are terrible at the one you have".

It would be awesome to find out which ones are still going to be sailing with Princess

On 8/18/2021 at 11:37 AM, hpeabody said:

Re: PJ de Kock.   Princess has/had not called on him to come back (UNBELIEVABLE!) and the latest I KNEW was he had taken a job with EFFY and will be on other cruise lines .... UPDATE, He posted here on FB that he has accepted a job as an Entertainment Manager for Windstar.  YAY!!! for him and those lucky people, Boooo for us on Princess.

See update above. 

Michael, all I have seen is bits and pieces here and there about Princess CDs  I don' think there is one source.  I wish there was.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:23 AM, Grego said:

Great.  We will be on the Emerald November 6th for her first voyage out of Port Everglades.  I don't recall ever being on a voyage with Jody but I know it will be just fine.

And I’ll be with her for the 9-Dec voyage 🙂

Can you let me know who these are?

> Captain
> Chief Engineer
> Director of Restaurant Operations 
> Hotel General Manager
> Captains Circle Host

thx!

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

And I’ll be with her for the 9-Dec voyage 🙂

Can you let me know who these are?

> Captain
> Chief Engineer
> Director of Restaurant Operations 
> Hotel General Manager
> Captains Circle Host

thx!

I'm sure we'll have a great time with Jody because we are ready for a great time.  What will be interesting to see is who are filling the positions that you have listed.  We have made lots of great friends that have filled those positions over the last 45 voyages and will be great if any of them are still continuing on after being gone for the last many months.

5 hours ago, Grego said:

I'm sure we'll have a great time with Jody because we are ready for a great time.  What will be interesting to see is who are filling the positions that you have listed.  We have made lots of great friends that have filled those positions over the last 45 voyages and will be great if any of them are still continuing on after being gone for the last many months.

I'm booked on the full transit next month in October, and I'll try and post the above senior staff list once onboard the Emerald 

17 hours ago, srpilo said:

I'm booked on the full transit next month in October, and I'll try and post the above senior staff list once onboard the Emerald 

Thanks in advance for doing this.  If you can grab a photo of the ship's officers picture that usually is hanging on deck 7 that would be even better.