Cruises to Cuba?

mjrtar

Hi mjrtar,

here you can read why Cuba got banned by the Trump administration:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/cuba-cruise-travel-ban/index.html

also the Greek Celeystial Cruises who had offered Cuba cruises every winterseason - didn´t operate anymore in this area. Think they don´t want to get problems for their US summer sale business of Greek cruises to Americans.

The only one ship I knew who operates from/to Cuba ist the cozy cruiseship MS "BERLIN" from Geman operator FTI Kreuzfahrten until March 2020.

The actual brochure here:

http://netcat2.kolb-digital.de/fti_cruises_MS_Berlin_2020_0319/19_20Wi_MS_Berlin.pdf

Flights from New York actual direct to Cuba are available from United Airlines, Swiss, Air Canada and Jet Blue, but I don´t know the travel restrictions perhaps for US Citizen.

Best regards

Frank

19_20Wi_MS_Berlin.pdf

Edited by Scandinavian World

Many cruise lines still visit Cuba.

But any ship / cruise line that calls at a Cuban port cannot visit an American port for many months.

Many people from around the world visit Cuba every day.

It is only the Americans who cannot legally do it.

Really too bad. Cuba is a marvelous destination.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, mjrtar said:

Don't cruise lines include Cuba in their itineraries anymore? If not, why?

The CNN article quoted by Scandinavian World does not explain the reason why the US government prohibits cruise ships sailing from the USA to call at Cuba.  The reason is that the Cuban Communist dictatorship is supplying the Maduro Communist dictatorship in Venezuela with an armed guard that has propped up the illegitimate Maduro regime after it was voted out by the Venezuelan people.  This has caused many needless deaths and a great deal of inhumane suffering and starvation in Venezuela.  Cuban tourism Dollars were being used to subsidize the Cuban presence in Venezuela and prolong the suffering of the Venezuelan people.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

After FTI Kreuzfahrten has sold its ship BERLIN, another operator comes to the horizon that offers cruises where Cuban ports are called.

Nicko Cruises, a Portuguese / German joint venture, is offering two 15-day voyages with 5 Cuban ports each (Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos, Maria La Gorda, Siguanea, and Havana) on board the WORLD VOYAGER for December - January - February 2021/22 at.

Unfortunately the website and brochure is only in German as the ship is marketed in Germany, Belgium and France.

21.12.-04.01.2022 + 01.02.-15.02.2022

grafik.png.1e24f6b6ca785b0f1407106549a9fee3.png

The brochure:

https://cdn.nicko-cruises.de/06-Blaetterkatalog/Blaetterkatalog/catalogs/SEEREISEN-2021-22/pdf/complete.pdf

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, George C said:

Hopefully with the Biden administration the major cruise lines from Florida will cruise to Cuba again, I would love to visit .

Personally, I would like to cruise anywhere again.  Cuba would be "different".  It's not high as a destination that I want to visit, however.  

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, rkacruiser said:

Personally, I would like to cruise anywhere again.  Cuba would be "different".  It's not high as a destination that I want to visit, however.  

I promised my Cuban friends in Florida not to set foot in Cuba until there’s a regime change...Cuba Libre!! 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 4:50 PM, rkacruiser said:

We don't have any restrictions on travel to Cuba, but I also have no desire to go.

• Like 2