Bigger Balcony Table

falkensmaze

Or, IMHO only, perhaps, ask nicely (I see no harm done, at least you've tried) for an extra one ... to be able to use 2 of them together, sturdy & spacious enough to balance that room service tray for breakfast.  

Isn't that all about going "above and beyond" to exceed expectations, one of many NCL's signature motto (or, at least, once upon a time :classic_smile: cheers, mate !! ) 

• Like 1

The Large Balcony cabin we had on the Escape and a large table in addition to two chairs and two loungers.   Definitely big enough to have two or three seated at it.   As it was an extremely heavy table it's doubtful it could be easily moved.

1 hour ago, falkensmaze said:

Those tables on the NCL balcony's are a but on the small side, its our one complaint each cruise, can I tip my steward for a bigger table??

Absolutely ask onboard.  I know it seems logical to ask here what is possible, but even I will admit that I won't post 1/2 of what NCL has done for me onboard (outside of the "rules") because then everyone would be rushing to ask for the same thing!  (Or criticizing me for having the nerve to even ask NCL.)

Just ask onboard.  You may be surprised at the service and response!  (and while I definitely think a "thank you" tip for extra effort is appreciated - I would NOT tip "in advance".  You don't want to be viewed as someone who is "bribing" an employee to break rules.  Just be yourself and ask nicely and if it is possible, it will happen. 😁)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

The size of that table is ridiculous.  You can't even put a breakfast tray on it.😡

Yes, don't really get the logic behind that although there no doubt will be some corporate reason 🙄

Interesting advice about not tipping beforehand thanks, but we sail on my wife's 50th so ill just be sure to get her one of them oversized Birthday badges/lapels so i does not go unnoticed!  😂

I have to admit, I always found it slightly comedic that when we were in a B6 balcony on the Breakaway, we had a large table, two chairs, and two loungers crammed in out there, but when we were in a B1 aft-facing balcony on the Escape, we had SOOOOO much more room, but only got the dinky table.  C'est la vie!

Breakaway B6 Balcony Setup

image.thumb.png.89b055d093961a81370423a2504e9e0a.png

Escape B1 Balcony Setup (Deck 9)

a7XM2Rb4fs5Pp9U3bzgOq-PmFgw-tqaosAha-MXxMhGx--XjOpPgkAAIbPQKSoaQMxe8XkM-RKrPSE0v0KHfkvgDpaEwlNTop7bVjMhCvnRyPjQ8arXDqP2Ohn1lwiglY63TPiJdK1g7uJ6TGCWtXSIopwqpHwsFR-JHc3oi6Ql-YWbeDgNBFfWonhRYRcE76vAHGh9aCr7ooMeuPiPcO8Q-F0oooE2aqU7Hl3OzCHWG3LknI0tvvO5703oqps5SyQ8CJZqDyzqSOA9gdwJAioaZrfyiXEW4-uB0A4YBydQfje8Tg4HKV-oeWH4ylCFkO2dXaOfHDFUStJ5DLYBgyjMjiQLIAlksFK19z1-flFD4zIpyaIIuKBnzuLWYME7iAi5r1L02q6Z3fC2oq7fIGAY4DiVO6bGoabx2Tw0GhjPuDQrWkStCgVAi2uFr91naz9PCOkaxePs_KJMMoWqKJlpqXaaZZ5sTQSJ8DqY4eA0jnoJh6bclUa9ZnUvMYoihVIXzoan0jLBNhFwZNzuMhSLBrPQzAPu9m8dZU1FvnQb9rKbNy2UoKRjzEkSbcIp0AuCiItF5DDs68cylLUjSJ7bja2INLc73LrpchxFrZsOSipdzl28LQcWZwirUC3xSSZ_377OO-UmlBgjdMRATNzOWD2l4ON3xhsYbhXsg5wP69IvabsHb5C8=w1110-h832-no

VQpNzRag8w29kSoCeq5W-lIu2vdgqqHoMzqaAdxkQ_eMn5oM_Eo1VsnWVWSNXdt3p3k4jN1919du4I8nncoNujfzhbiKO7EuzW4npzqeBI7worT87FhDyXmRBwg5Pu-x6XclnyVoefZSOX4c4qmIQ9KFExAMIR4gxoNJdLcg6YuDlNfY8f7R5UD0DHX_F4B-CztQxP_I8FK3t9_dZyTbxyjJKwGX1bpgQUEwh9nA0EZuNUnKKoDXBubDrhyJOuSF6K-OLfjeZ_B85JkW1Iwjqvp52-0Y5VNrL1h35I8-jmxtB-PVpEcVRyL-EvyqottFMKp8RQS1GHxXBLGzFA-akEZDdpYt_YfHhiafGkUIppM87ZGEJLbF2XqQb3NLMm7U3-9KugPwBjs_bmz0Jn48KCE0qEOlZ3M4yEV2OgSAwHQNlSJVs9c58WQ3uYSUoodCLYm3-qLax3t97_jh2-MklD32d6fEbdQhkWm09VPjVawXC86PWzlMxMclMrpHuU14KGgXYpzteT4_P0IDUAMoI_7IBmSIeCbBr_P6iC_t3L4fyL3yee_CQdnxxIZQd5Wl6f1_dQPYik7VJcocgTCDTIdAmwe3FYk8N70a8Fjc_fMaQYL45k3t8B0lzyhebZqHyAdWcm64dL470uDDZaSTkok6I5H9coGTrlvdobyFeeIxnBvh2-3gjvQ=w1280-h291-no

1 hour ago, tripleboom said:

I have to admit, I always found it slightly comedic that when we were in a B6 balcony on the Breakaway, we had a large table, two chairs, and two loungers crammed in out there, but when we were in a B1 aft-facing balcony on the Escape, we had SOOOOO much more room, but only got the dinky table.  C'est la vie!

I think you may not have realized what happened here.  I would bet money that your B6 had all that furniture "crammed" onto it based on the requests of the PREVIOUS occupant.  You could have easily requested more furniture on your B1.  (Note: sometimes the room stewards have time to "reset" and remove extra furniture - but sometimes they don't depending upon how busy embarkation day is.)

Again, I am not going to list ships and specifics to protect the innocent (ok maybe guilty 😉) but please TRUST ME when I say you can have any furniture you want on your balcony that fits and is safe and is available on the ship.  (I'll go as far to say as I have had NCL make CUSTOM furniture for me.  Multiple times.)

So, no one should just accept what is given if it really doesn't meet your needs. JUST ASK.  If it is possible, NCL (in my experience) will go out of their way to make sure you have a happy cruise!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Again, I am not going to list ships and specifics to protect the innocent (ok maybe guilty 😉) but please TRUST ME when I say you can have any furniture you want on your balcony that fits and is safe and is available on the ship. 

No need to feel guilty. If it fits and is available, it can be done. There's no rule against it. Some request less furniture for the extra space. Nothing wrong with either request.

It NCL put large tables on every balcony, some people would complain.

If NCL put small tables on every balcony, some people would complain.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No need to feel guilty. If it fits and is available, it can be done. There's no rule against it. Some request less furniture for the extra space. Nothing wrong with either request.

It NCL put large tables on every balcony, some people would complain.

If NCL put small tables on every balcony, some people would complain.

Never once seen people complain about a full sized table. Lots of cruise lines have them. Celebrity for starters.