No Frills Flying In The Night Before MCO To Port Canaveral

tap_out

We have a flight coming in the night before are cruise at 9:30 pm to MCO and have a cruise leaving the following morning from Port Canaveral. So we are going to need a room for the night. After a little research looks like there is so many options and ways to do this. We need nothing special as we will only be at the hotel to sleep and are looking to do this as cheap as possible. I was leaning towards a fly snooze cruise package but the 2 prices I have been quoted were around $400. Seems the cheapest route might be UBER and a cheap hotel. The only problem this poses is my 3 year old son and no car seat. Not sure how that would work. Honestly this is giving me a headache and this is why we normally drive lol. Not sure my 3 year old is up for that though. 

Valentines Day ... on a Friday .... this should explain the lack of rooms available ....

are you looking near the port or the airport? Cuz if arriving at 9:30 PM I'd just find a room near the airport (did you check IN the airport) and then deal with transportation in the morning. A bunch of airport hotels have free shuttles to/from.  Then there's a BUNCH of options for shuttles from the airport to the sea port for the morning trip ... as low as $15 (car seat provided) https://www.cruisecontrol-transportation.com/

I'd think the airport area would have lower rates or not be as impacted by St V as places near the beach or the parks . . . 

Edited by Capt_BJ

Have not done to much research on air port hotels. I was able to find quality inn at the beach for $170 and I would assume they have a free shuttle to the port. Im guessing a $70 uber right to there the night we fly in. So $240 ish

I would stay near MCO and look at a one way car rental (most can supply you with a car seat) or one of the popular shuttles (Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Cortrans) for $20-25 per person. Hotels near the airport should be a better value than staying near the beach.

1 hour ago, tap_out said:

Have not done to much research on air port hotels. I was able to find quality inn at the beach for $170 and I would assume they have a free shuttle to the port. Im guessing a $70 uber right to there the night we fly in. So $240 ish

Plus the cost to get back to MCO.

1 hour ago, tap_out said:

Sound like I need to check out prices of bottles near mco

Your dates are also the start of Presidents Week which is a peak week in peak season.

Your best bet would be to book an inexpensive motel like the Red Roof Inn or something similar by MCO.  The beach hotels may have seven night minimums.  You can just uber to the port the next day.

Edited by BlueHerons

18 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

do not assume free shuttle to the port ......

$70 is close but probably a lil low .....

agree, was looking at PC lodgings last night, and the one's that had a cruise terminal shuttle, charged an additional fee.

Fairfield Inn - Orlando Airport - $161 per night with a shuttle from airport to hotel.  Cortrans Shuttle service picks up at this location.  $40 pp RT.

This is what we are doing when we arrive on the 7th and sail on the 8th.