Crown Princess progress on populsion problem

Jemnibabe

I was just thinking about this as well as we are sailing in late Feb.

I'm watching closely to see if she makes it to Princess Cays and other ports this week. Shes in Fort Lauderdale today so I wonder if people onboard have heard anything or been told anything yet.

1 hour ago, history_bits said:

I'm watching closely to see if she makes it to Princess Cays and other ports this week. Shes in Fort Lauderdale today so I wonder if people onboard have heard anything or been told anything yet.

I am thinking they probably won't announce the problem too early for fear of people canceling the cruise.  Everything I have read seems to say that this is a problem that won't be fixed at the earliest, until the next drydock and that isn't until Oct.  If you hear anything please report back.  Thanks so much for responding.

Judy from SW Florida

7 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

I am thinking they probably won't announce the problem too early for fear of people canceling the cruise.  Everything I have read seems to say that this is a problem that won't be fixed at the earliest, until the next drydock and that isn't until Oct.  If you hear anything please report back.  Thanks so much for responding.

Judy from SW Florida

Wasn't it already announced in letters to passengers over several cruises?  🤔

2 hours ago, history_bits said:

Itinerary changes have already been announced for the 16th, 26th and Feb 5th cruises. 

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Itinerary changes have already been announced for the 16th, 26th and Feb 5th cruises. 

Oh wow, don't I feel silly! You're right and I saw it but just forgot.

I'm planning on enjoying my vacation no matter what, I just want to be prepared.

I suppose the only thing I'm wondering about is all the speculation about last week's itinerary, where they missed even more than the planned ports. The official stance was weather, which makes sense given that other ships didn't dock as well, but I'll still be curious to see how it plays out. If it makes all the ports that are scheduled as of today, perfect! 

If it misses several again, I might put on my tin foil hat... and plan on bringing another book for my trip. 😉