Multigenerational Cruise

Hi, we are looking to treat our 4 adult children + their families on a cruise. Holland America has become our go to having done over 10 cruises with them. So we are experienced cruisers. Holland America is definitely not geared up to young babies / toddlers and we have found 2-3 itineraries with RCI on Anthem that could work.

I’m really looking for people to confirm that Anthem would be the way to go. 

We would be a large family with ages ranging from 1yr - 4yrs /mid 30's & late 50's? 10 adults & 5 babies. 

Any comments re the kids clubs ? I know that for under 3 parents need to stay. But generally are they good? Are they free? 

I know about babies in nappies/diapers not using pools but do they they have a small splash pool for babies? It’s not clear.

i also noticed they have a Solarium pool which is covered. Will the older toilet trained children be able to go in? Or is it adults only? I‘m thinking that the itinerary I am considering could have inclement weather.

Are they accommodating in the MDR for a) a large group 10 adults 5 babies? We would need 2-3 high chairs. 

Any other thoughts or insight that I can be given would be great. I don't want to book this and find it is a disaster. For my children's spouses it will be their first time cruising so I want to get it right and not put them off it for life!

Thank you in advance

3 minutes ago, Princess Jessie said:

Hi, we are looking to treat our 4 adult children + their families on a cruise. Holland America has become our go to having done over 10 cruises with them. So we are experienced cruisers. Holland America is definitely not geared up to young babies / toddlers and we have found 2-3 itineraries with RCI on Anthem that could work.

I’m really looking for people to confirm that Anthem would be the way to go. 

We would be a large family with ages ranging from 1yr - 4yrs /mid 30's & late 50's? 10 adults & 5 babies. 

Any comments re the kids clubs ? I know that for under 3 parents need to stay. But generally are they good? Are they free? 

I know about babies in nappies/diapers not using pools but do they they have a small splash pool for babies? It’s not clear.

i also noticed they have a Solarium pool which is covered. Will the older toilet trained children be able to go in? Or is it adults only? I‘m thinking that the itinerary I am considering could have inclement weather.

Are they accommodating in the MDR for a) a large group 10 adults 5 babies? We would need 2-3 high chairs. 

Any other thoughts or insight that I can be given would be great. I don't want to book this and find it is a disaster. For my children's spouses it will be their first time cruising so I want to get it right and not put them off it for life!

Thank you in advance

There is a family covered pool.  Solarium is 16 and older.

There is a toddler splash area.  Swim diapers allowed.

Adventure Ocean does not have a charge for regular hours.  There are times in the evenings when there is a charge.

There are plenty of high chairs.  With a group of your size and makeup, I strongly suggest main traditional dining.  (5:30)

I am currently on the Anthem, and it is very friendly to all ages.  🙂 

Agree.  Also we did a family group on another Royal ship with a wide range of ages and they were great to work with.  TA worked to get our group assigned tables in the same area. And then we drove the wait staff crazy as we changed places each night.  It was a 70th anniversary cruise with 36 people.  The honorees kept their seats and the rest of us moved around so we all got to eat with them.   So definitely work with a TA to facilitate arrangements. 

We took the kids and grands on Liberty.   Awesome memories.  Ages 1-60.  Rccl does a great job having enough to do for everyone.   We ate dinner in the MDR together every night.  A good TA can help pull everything together for you.  

Kids do have to be potty trained to use kids clubs but nursery for a charge is available too.