Norwegian excursion to Chankanaab

phire

Hello, 

We booked a cruise excursion to Chankanaab this upcoming February. It says I can snorkel, so I assume I can bring my gear and do it for free. 

I have to go snorkel separately with my husband, because we have take turns to watch our baby. 

So my question is that do you snorkel anytime you want with a guide, or everyone has to go together? 

In addition, do they sell bottled water? I hear water and soft drinks are only included during the buffet time, but I want to give my baby some water before that.

Thanks!

We have been to Chankanaab but not through NCL. They do sell water, soft drinks, beer, etc. The snorkeling area is separate but close to the beach area where you will likely be sitting; you should be able to walk over and snorkel when you want.

• Like 1

Yes you can definitely snorkel on your own and do not need a guide.  You’ll see signs for the best snorkeling area with steps leading into the water .  Note that this is not the prettiest sandy beach but there is great stuff to see underwater.  You. An easily sit on the beach and watch each other snorkel. 
Couldn’t tell whether you were asking about water on ship or at chankanaab but it is available anytime in either.  If you take a refillable bottle or yeti type cup you can refill on ship and on shore.  

On 1/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, phire said:

Hello, 

We booked a cruise excursion to Chankanaab this upcoming February. It says I can snorkel, so I assume I can bring my gear and do it for free. 

I have to go snorkel separately with my husband, because we have take turns to watch our baby. 

So my question is that do you snorkel anytime you want with a guide, or everyone has to go together? 

In addition, do they sell bottled water? I hear water and soft drinks are only included during the buffet time, but I want to give my baby some water before that.

Thanks!

Just did the NCL excursion Day Pass to Chankanaab last week.

You can snorkel on your own any time. You do not need a guide. There was a life guard watching in the snorkeling area.
Bottled water is $3 (per big bottle). Iced water in the glass was free.

I loved the pool while it was quiet and calm. However, tons of families with small diapered kids came in soon so after that it was a mob. I would suggest sitting in the snorkelling beach areas which were quieter.

Our day pass was "all inclusive"...however their idea of an AI is only some things are included not all. The buffet was included. For drinks, iced water, iced tea, certain beers, coke, sprite, diet coke, and very basic margarita or mixed drinks. The buffet food was not bad. Bathrooms were clean and plenty. It was fun watching the dolphins. The sea lion show was nice.

Would I go again...YES. I enjoyed the day.