Cheers! and Service Speed

jdcml

So with Cheers!, how is the service speed on say the Lido deck?  We’ve got a group going and will probably find a spot to camp out during the day. I’ve seen some general reviews that say service overall has slowed, too thin, etc. Is service with Cheers fairly good, or do they avoid you?  Wondering if the 18% is added to each drink they bring, or are we a flat rate x amount on the package?  I know we can add extra if we want and will if we are at piano bar or some place we get to know the server. Could be 5-7 loungers lined up looking for a margarita refill, will they walk the other way?? 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, jdcml said:

So with Cheers!, how is the service speed on say the Lido deck?  We’ve got a group going and will probably find a spot to camp out during the day. I’ve seen some general reviews that say service overall has slowed, too thin, etc. Is service with Cheers fairly good, or do they avoid you?  Wondering if the 18% is added to each drink they bring, or are we a flat rate x amount on the package?  I know we can add extra if we want and will if we are at piano bar or some place we get to know the server. Could be 5-7 loungers lined up looking for a margarita refill, will they walk the other way?? 🤣🤣

Bigger tippers win every time.  Buckets of beer top margaritas and taking premade drinks off trays top buckets of beer.  

The 18% is paid up front when you buy the package.  We've always had a great experience with the walk around servers on the Lido with Cheers.  We usually throw on a dollar or two extra with each drink.  They will offer, (or you can ask), to come around automatically every half hour or whatever time frame you would like.  Your group of 7 won't phase them.  They have hundreds of people on the deck to wait on.  Just tip extra and tell them what you want and you should be well taken care of.  

Edited by naxer
  • Like 1

Lol... the waiters usually are close by

it’s funny some say they don’t want them to be asking for a beverage(annoying) so when 

they don’t ask they’re wrong too

the bars seriously are a few steps away...you can get your own if they’re not quick enough🤷‍♀️

This is what I'd do. After you find your spot, find your runner(server) and get acquainted throw her or him a twenty. You should get quicker service, their happy with the tip and it beats fumbling for dollar bills. Have a great cruise. Cheers🍻

1 hour ago, nwo4life said:

Before  cheers was introduced, you couldn't sit anywhere 2 minutes without someone trying to take your drum order. Now I can go the whole week without a bar server approaching me.

This hasn’t been my experience at all. Servers and bartenders are paid out of the Cheers tip pool, which everyone is charged (18%, not all of it goes into the tip pool) when buying Cheers. So the more drinks a server or bartender “sells” under Cheers, the larger their percentage of the tip pool will be. 

As others have stated, paying an extra dollar or two per drink, with or without Cheers, usually leads to better service. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

12 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Bigger tippers win every time.  Buckets of beer top margaritas and taking premade drinks off trays top buckets of beer.  

Buckets of beer not available with Cheers, which is what the OP is referring to

• Like 1

If you're talking about the wandering bartenders, they aren't likely to be your personal butlers. They have a lot of people to serve and a lot of people tipping a couple bucks each time. Plus, how much money are you willing to sink into alcohol for this?

We always had just fine service walking up to any of the bars. Never much of a wait more than a few minutes here and there. I've never once seen these high roller tippers commanding all of the service.