Question about trading 250 internet minutes for OBC

Newfun4me

Hi,

My apologies as I know this has been answered, but I can't find the post that shared the information.  I was reading through the boards a few days ago and saw that someone had posted you can trade in your 250 minutes of internet service for OBC.  I think you have to wait until the next day.  Then there was another comment about increasing the OBC by doing something else.  Not very helpful, I realize, but if you were the poster who posted about this or are familiar with it, I'd really appreciate it if you could recap it.  I "think" there was also a comment that you could trade it in if you got the unlimited wifi.  

Thank you so much for explaining it to me!!!

Kim

I would be interested to hear if that is possible.   On a recent B2B wife & I had a total of 1000 minutes, I had trouble using them up!!!!

Wrong cruise line but still interested!!!

Can't believe it on NCL though.   Upgrade yes but get OBC no.

Edited by casofilia

I'm not the poster you're looking for, but I've never heard of trading in Internet minutes for an increase in OBC. There have been many posts (and we have done this) where it is mentioned that you can typically upgrade your limited internet minutes to an unlimited internet package, and that this is typically cheaper to do on the second day of the cruise, when they start offering reduced rated internet packages.

We just came off the Getaway and while we had unlimited internet from the beginning, I did notice that each day as the cruise went on, there would be an advertisement of further and further discounts on internet packages. 

Here's the answer in Terms & Conditions: https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Under: NORWEGIAN'S FREE AT SEA - GET UP TO 5 FREE OFFERS

No components included in this offer have any monetary value, are non-refundable and non-transferable.

So, if it has no monetary value, they won't exchange any FAS offer for OBC. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Newfun4me said:

Hi,

My apologies as I know this has been answered, but I can't find the post that shared the information.  I was reading through the boards a few days ago and saw that someone had posted you can trade in your 250 minutes of internet service for OBC.  I think you have to wait until the next day.  Then there was another comment about increasing the OBC by doing something else.  Not very helpful, I realize, but if you were the poster who posted about this or are familiar with it, I'd really appreciate it if you could recap it.  I "think" there was also a comment that you could trade it in if you got the unlimited wifi.  

Thank you so much for explaining it to me!!!

Kim

Pretty sure you can't trade your internet.  Someone posted once that they pre-paid their excursions then canceled them once onboard in order to increase the amount of spending onboard.  Seems much simpler to just put your spending money in the bank, use a credit card while on board and pay the bill when you get home - but to each their own!

AFAIK, nobody getting unlimited ship WiFi on NCL free, zero chance so it has to be paid for/charged against or prepaid in advance ... and if done properly, you get a $125 credit as partial payment credit - "not" OBC.  NCL's online system do show that as an upgrade option or you can DIY onboard - it will automatically discount that when purchasing pre-cruise or agreeing to buy that.  

Probably another urban legend @NCL - it doesn't sound right nor make sense, given NCL's modus operandi.  But, I stand corrected, nowadays, NCL is full of "surprises".