Premium Beverage Package -- Upgrade Onboard Available?

Greenpea2

I'm pretty sure I read in someone's recent review that they were able to upgrade to the Premium Plus package from the regular Premium Package once they were onboard and that there was a discount in doing so. Can anyone verify? I have also read that on Day 3 of a 7-day cruise you can upgrade, which I assume means it is 3 days less in terms of cost. Is that the reason it was discounted? Any info greatly appreciated!

I can’t recall reading about a discount for the upgraded beverage package, only the upgraded internet package when you upgrade after the first full day or so.  It wouldn’t make sense to offer a discount the first day onboard for the beverage package, no one would purchase it ahead of time.  But if I come across it in any reviews, I’ll let you know.  If you are thinking of upgrading, it is easier to do it ahead of time since if you upgrade on board you will need to get new cards printed up.

19 minutes ago, Shidah said:

I can’t recall reading about a discount for the upgraded beverage package, only the upgraded internet package when you upgrade after the first full day or so.  It wouldn’t make sense to offer a discount the first day onboard for the beverage package, no one would purchase it ahead of time.  But if I come across it in any reviews, I’ll let you know.  If you are thinking of upgrading, it is easier to do it ahead of time since if you upgrade on board you will need to get new cards printed up.

Thanks Shidah--I think you are right that what I read was regarding the internet. Still working out if the upgrade to Premium Plus is worth it, but I think it would be. I could easily drink $100 worth of Starbuck's in a week, lol. And I do love premium tequila ...Thanks for replying.

2 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Thanks Shidah--I think you are right that what I read was regarding the internet. Still working out if the upgrade to Premium Plus is worth it, but I think it would be. I could easily drink $100 worth of Starbuck's in a week, lol. And I do love premium tequila ...Thanks for replying.

Don’t buy into NCL marketing. Save your money. There is no break even point that justify the cost. 

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t buy into NCL marketing. Save your money. There is no break even point that justify the cost. 

I would agree with you if I had not gotten the regular package price at just the cost of gratuities. That totally saves me hundreds and frankly I would not buy even the least expensive package at full price. I don’t let marketing ploys snow me. I work it out on paper. And when I work out what I paid in gratuities for that and what I would pay to upgrade, it’s about what I would pay with no package. Plus it includes specialty coffee and a wider range of wine, champagne and tequila. Seems like it is worth it. 

We got it for our cruise this past August and my daughter and I felt it was 100% worth it.  I already bought it for my cruise in March.  But it really depends on your preferences in drinks.  It might not be good for everyone, but it made our vacation even more special.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shidah said:

We got it for our cruise this past August and my daughter and I felt it was 100% worth it.  I already bought it for my cruise in March.  But it really depends on your preferences in drinks.  It might not be good for everyone, but it made our vacation even more special.

But is it worth  it for $480 on a 14 day cruise?   I’ve also heard some ships do not honor the Starbucks for the package.  

We are booked on Pearl for March this year and received Premium Beverage Package as a perk (no service charge to pay, as booked on the European website). This package is quite expensive and we would probably never buy it if we have to pay the full price. However since we are getting it free, we are planning to upgrade it to Plus (again I would never pay the normal price for the Plus package). So, is it worth paying extra €430 for the upgrade? In this case yes!

8 hours ago, purpleally said:

I’m going to wait til we board. How big of a deal can getting new cards be?

I want to make sure I can get Veuve plus, we have some OBC which will help pay for it. 

I’m not sure, I’ve never had to myself at guest services..  The two times I had to get cards remade I was staying in the Haven so they took care of it.  From what I read so far, Veuve is still included by the glass, just not the bottle, which is fine with me. I’m just saying for those that know they want to buy it, doing it ahead of time will save wasting time in the line at customer service.  But I get wanting to use OBC for it.