Favorite Port of Call with Carnival

MaiTaiMary

On 1/20/2020 at 10:43 AM, MaiTaiMary said:

What is your favorite Carnival port of call you've visited and why? 😎

Half Moon Cay. The water was the clearest I have ever seen. Plenty of chairs. Free lunch. Very relaxing. 

Having said that I have only been to HMC, Amber Cove (Not a fan of the DR), and Turks (Nice but not as nice as HMC) with Carnival. I have been to Key West & Grand Cayman but that was on Royal. I did not enjoy Grand Cayman however, I really liked Key West,

Half Moon Cay - best beach ever on a cruise (just leave me here for the week?);

Grand Cayman - Coral Bay Beach; excursion:  Stingray City with Moby Dick (when the weather/water cooperates to allow access);

Cozumel - really enjoyed our visit there earlier this month: for the first time, we sat and relaxed at an outdoor restaurant and watched the people go by while enjoying fresh guac and chips (no stress at all; this is LIFE);

Monaco - for the sights (expensive cars and wealthy people);

Barcelona - so walkable;

Belize - Altun Ha ruins (enjoyed these more than Chichenitza!).

I will need to do further research, however.

Best Carnival port for me so far was probably Charlotte, SC last September.  It was a surprise diversion from our Bermuda trip due to the weather and while I would have preferred the Bermuda trip we planned, South Carolina was very walkable and we had a great day on our own with no planning.  The weather was beautiful, gorgeous architecture and flowers, fantastic people - we even saw dolphins!

Loved St Maarten, it's such a beautiful island and we loved the ziplining.  St Kitts was also beautiful and there was so much to see and do there.

I'm glad to hear that so many love Aruba and Curacao because next January we are cruising there.

On 1/29/2020 at 5:57 PM, pacruise804 said:

Best Carnival port for me so far was probably Charlotte, SC last September.  It was a surprise diversion from our Bermuda trip due to the weather and while I would have preferred the Bermuda trip we planned, South Carolina was very walkable and we had a great day on our own with no planning.  The weather was beautiful, gorgeous architecture and flowers, fantastic people - we even saw dolphins!

I believe you meant to say Charleston. 😀  We enjoyed our day there also though it wasn't Bermuda! 😎

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 10:18 AM, marshhawk said:

Amber Cove, the ship sails in the early morning past the mountains, and the island is beautiful!

Glacier Bay-OMG!  there is a higher power!

HMC-best beach ever (after Elbow Beach in Bermuda, but that was years ago and not on a cruise)

Progresso-best port to reach Mayan Ruins

Cozumel-so many fun things to do and see

Key West-great walking town.

Sorry, couldn't pick just one!  So I keep cruising!

When I originally answered I was only thinking Caribbean, but you are so right about Glacier Bay. The 8th wonder of the world IMO. We really like Skagway too.  Renting a car and taking that drive into the Yukon Territory is breathtaking. 

I have loved all of our warm weather Caribbean cruises and their ports.  But I have to say our favourite cruise/ports was the Norwegian fjord cruise we did in August 2017.  It was absolutely amazing!  Oslo was the highlight for us.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 7:58 AM, Joebucks said:

If the question is Carnival-exclusive, then it is HMC. Beautiful beach without having to pay for access, taxis, or lunch. Other than that, Barbados was really nice.

I was supposed to go on this one a few months after that hurricane destroyed it. I was really looking forward to that one. Such a shame to that island and its people.

It's a shame that this is such a controversial thing to say because it's such a common port. If it was further away and harder to get to, I guarantee people would rave about it more. I always have a blast in Cozumel.

I love Cozumel I would actually move there if I could but I can't my wife doesn't care for it when she found out we were going back this summer she complained even though she like the vanilla and is having to baby the last bit of it until we go.but she dislikes Miami also.which it's not my favorite port to drive to but seems all the Cruise lines leave from there.if you want a better itiniary.

I love Grand Cayman, even though that isn’t a popular opinion on here. It’s just a relaxing day for us and (other than having to tender) is just an “easy” stop.

I want to do a Southern Caribbean cruise at some point. That would be lovely. ❤️ 

Well, my favorite port that I've visited was Havana, Cuba - but of course due to a very unfortunate decision by our government you can't go there on a cruise anymore.

There's so much history there, and the people are wonderful.  I loved touring Old Havana, the architecture was spectacular.  And don't forget Hemingway's house in Cuba, that was one of the options for excursions.  Everyone we met was so friendly.  We finished off our too-short stay by taking in a show at the Tropicana which was absolutely fabulous.

If we're ever allowed to go again I'm in.

Edited by groundloop

St. Thomas and St. Maarten are basically tied for first fior me, with St. Kitts and close second. The ratings probably have a lot to do with the great excursions I've taken there, as well as the beautiful island.

St. Thomas is just a gorgeous island all around with spectacular views. My wife and I love the beach, and Magens Bay is one of the best we've been too. We also enjoyed the beach and island tour excursion we've taken there, which included Black Beard's Castle and at the time, a rum factory tour.

St. Maarten quickly became one of my favorites my last cruise. We did a beach day to Orient Beach and Maho Beach and just completely loved both spots.

St. Kitts, absolutely gorgeous.  We took a historical tour of the island, saw the fort went into the rain forest, saw the loveliest views. Our tour guide was so friendly and knowledgeable.  As soon as we were back on the ship I knew I would get back there some day.

• Like 1