Chill Island Cabanas -- lockable storage

Beukeboom

I read on the Royal Caribbean website that the Chill Island Cabanas have lockable storage within. However I didn't see what the interior dimensions are nor what kind of lock? I assume it's a combination lock of some sort. Is it electronic like the onboard cabin safes?

It is an electronic lock. Your attendant will give you your combo. We use a lock a bye bag. So we didnt need the locker. If i remember it will be big enough for phones and camara. 

I found chill island very secure. We kinda just left our stuff lying in cabana unless we left area to explore 

54 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

It is an electronic lock. Your attendant will give you your combo. We use a lock a bye bag. So we didnt need the locker. If i remember it will be big enough for phones and camara. 

I found chill island very secure. We kinda just left our stuff lying in cabana unless we left area to explore 

I have a LocTote locking bag/backpack which I plan on bringing. What object within the cabana is good to lock something onto? 

1 hour ago, Beukeboom said:

I read on the Royal Caribbean website that the Chill Island Cabanas have lockable storage within. However I didn't see what the interior dimensions are nor what kind of lock? I assume it's a combination lock of some sort. Is it electronic like the onboard cabin safes?

There is a review out there by A&L_Ont that shows a picture of the locker.  It is actually a locking cabinet in the end table.  I think they were able to put a duffel bag in it.  Was a really good size.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a review out there by A&L_Ont that shows a picture of the locker.  It is actually a locking cabinet in the end table.  I think they were able to put a duffel bag in it.  Was a really good size.

Thank you. I didn't find that particular review but did find a review with photos which definitely answered my question regarding the size of the lockable storage. I wanted to know beforehand if there was someplace secure to store my cell phone which would be the only thing of value I'd take. Everything else would be sunscreen, hats, et al. I had read that there are bluetooth speakers in the cabanas so you can play music from your cell phone which would be nice for a while. I'd also like to take video and photos with my cell phone so I can send the photos/videos to friends and relatives later on. I didn't know the cabanas had a ceiling fan. That will be nice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beukeboom said:

Thank you. I didn't find that particular review but did find a review with photos which definitely answered my question regarding the size of the lockable storage. I wanted to know beforehand if there was someplace secure to store my cell phone which would be the only thing of value I'd take. Everything else would be sunscreen, hats, et al. I had read that there are bluetooth speakers in the cabanas so you can play music from your cell phone which would be nice for a while. I'd also like to take video and photos with my cell phone so I can send the photos/videos to friends and relatives later on. I didn't know the cabanas had a ceiling fan. That will be nice.

I found it.

1E393473-091D-4698-8F13-F5C694804E5B.thumb.jpeg.0494a27cd91973da90692e1f7c50e6ca.jpeg

• Like 1