Three-Bedroom Garden Villa and and Perks Question

Georgia_Peaches

We are considering a 3-bed garden villa on the Pearl for a family celebration.  Our party will be 6 adults.  The standard rule is that the drink package and other perks only apply to the first two on the reservation.  Is there an exception to this if you book the three bedroom garden villa?  Total cost is about 20k.  I'm just wondering if we have to purchase 4 more drink packages, 4 more dining packages, etc. on top of this price.

Thank you!!

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We are considering a 3-bed garden villa on the Pearl for a family celebration.  Our party will be 6 adults.  The standard rule is that the drink package and other perks only apply to the first two on the reservation.  Is there an exception to this if you book the three bedroom garden villa?  Total cost is about 20k.  I'm just wondering if we have to purchase 4 more drink packages, 4 more dining packages, etc. on top of this price.

Thank you!!

I believe the new rule for Haven & suites is that everyone gets the drink package.  Someone will chime in with details, but this is a new thing that started in January for NEW reservations.

• Like 1

It's not just suites. In the beginning of December they changed the T&Cs of the promos where every guest in the cabin over 21 (up to guest 8 but I don't think there's rooms that hold more than 8 ) get the beverage package promo and have to pay the requisite gratuities. Guests under 21 only get the soda package if they are Guest 1 or Guest 2.

All other perks remain the same. No idea how long the change will last. 

Edited by smplybcause

Honestly I think it has a good chance of staying. I think NCL is tired of people sharing their drink packages with Guests 3+ so they get free drinks without paying per drink or gratuities. It's against the rules of the promo, but people still do this as evidenced by many posts on here. I think this change at least gives them the gratuity money. 

• Like 1

Don't forget that one of the Garden Villa perks is the wet bar and 6 bottles of hootch with all the fixins provided

by the Butler. All the sodas are complimentary - NO soda package required 

You might consider deleting the beverage package all together and buying drinks as needed.

If some of you are Platinum there are bottles of wine complimentary - if serious wine drinkers consider the

Viva Vino wine package and or buying wine from the list also bring you own wine with corkage fee.

Enjoy the GV your very own very private ship within a ship !

• Thanks 1

Georgia:    You caught my attention with $20k for the 3- bDRM.    Just curious what your destination is ?    (Guessing it is not Alaska... when i was checking rooms for our Alaska cruise the 3bdrm Haven started at $16k each)        

Edited by sr71_1

17 minutes ago, sr71_1 said:

Georgia:    You caught my attention with $20k for the 3- bDRM.    Just curious what your destination is ?    (Guessing it is not Alaska... when i was checking rooms for our Alaska cruise the 3bdrm Haven started at $16k each)        

The 3BR GV @ $16k each doubled is $32k and divided by 6 is $5333 each --- port taxes fees extra.

The individual fare (double occupancy) times two and divided by all guests (6). 

That is what makes the GV a bargain when you get couples together.

The Alaska cruise market is rated high peak for most of the short season.

Canada-New England would be next.

The Caribbean and Gulf would be less so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The 3BR GV @ $16k each doubled is $32k and divided by 6 is $5333 each --- port taxes fees extra.

The individual fare (double occupancy) times two and divided by all guests (6). 

That is what makes the GV a bargain when you get couples together.

The Alaska cruise market is rated high peak for most of the short season.

Canada-New England would be next.

The Caribbean and Gulf would be less so.

Well that only works if the other guests are paying.  Unfortunately our other guests are our own kids (adults) and their plus-ones... (one has a husband and the other a fiancee).  None are in a financial position at this point in life to split 6 ways.  They aren't completely Scott-free through.  We are asking them to pay for the NCL breakdown of the 3-6 passenger plus the associated taxes which comes to about $1000 pp.  They also have to buy their own spa pass, air fare, and any other extras.  So, we're on the hook for the rest. 🤑.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sr71_1 said:

We are looking at a Bahamas itinerary leaving from Baltimore, I think.  Could be NYC.  It's 7 nights.  First and second passengers were quoted at $8000 and the rest at $799 each plus taxes, of course.  If we do this, it will be for the experience of the GV, not the itinerary.  My youngest DD loves Atlantis and since this trip would really be to celebrate her and her graduation from Medical school, we made it about her.

Alaska is on my bucket list...but think DH and I will do that one without the kids :-).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well that only works if the other guests are paying.   🤑.  

too funny .......thanks for the response.  We have the 2-bedroom for Alaska ... our college aged girls will be joining us as well (we're paying 🙂.)      This is our first time cruising in years  - the last time time was with Disney  ... stopped in Bahama's and spent the day at Atlantis (nice place)!.     Congrat's on med school - that is  long educational journey - I bet she's exhausted.   I'm digging the $20k/6 math..totally agree that it's a no brainer for say 3 close couples to have a blast in the Caribbean.. the  3-bdrm is a massive space .. both indoors and outdoors.  I'm sure you will have a blast.        

Edited by sr71_1

19 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Honestly I think it has a good chance of staying. I think NCL is tired of people sharing their drink packages with Guests 3+ so they get free drinks without paying per drink or gratuities. It's against the rules of the promo, but people still do this as evidenced by many posts on here. I think this change at least gives them the gratuity money. 

It's a shame that nobody on the forum warned people to not share drinks with 3&4 when 3&4 don't have a package....🥴

Knowing NCL, it isn't just the gratuity/service charge being added to the total price. NCL is raising prices to cover whatever needs to be covered.

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's a shame that nobody on the forum warned people to not share drinks with 3&4 when 3&4 don't have a package....🥴

Knowing NCL, it isn't just the gratuity/service charge being added to the total price. NCL is raising prices to cover whatever needs to be covered.

Totally agree.  I'm always amazed by the number of people who proudly comment on how they beat the system, so to speak with regard to the drinks package.  We all end up paying for the dishonest actions of a few.

3 hours ago, sr71_1 said:

too funny .......thanks for the response.  We have the 2-bedroom for Alaska ... our college aged girls will be joining us as well (we're paying 🙂.)      This is our first time cruising in years  - the last time time was with Disney  ... stopped in Bahama's and spent the day at Atlantis (nice place)!.     Congrat's on med school - that is  long educational journey - I bet she's exhausted.   I'm digging the $20k/6 math..totally agree that it's a no brainer for say 3 close couples to have a blast in the Caribbean.. the  3-bdrm is a massive space .. both indoors and outdoors.  I'm sure you will have a blast.        

Thank you, sr71!  It has been a long, exhausting road for all of us.  I feel like I should be graduating with my medical degree as well for all the time we studied together.  So worth it though...  I hope you all enjoy your Alaska cruise.  There's nothing better than getting to cruise with your own adult children...so much fun!

25 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Totally agree.  I'm always amazed by the number of people who proudly comment on how they beat the system, so to speak with regard to the drinks package.  We all end up paying for the dishonest actions of a few.

Yeah, like the peeps who swap ideas on this board on how to "smuggle" booze on  board and then ***** & moan about getting caught and, of course, ending up paying for drinks anyhow.

• Like 1