Cabanas on Nieuw Statendam

Lizziekris

I have tried to locate more information on the cabanas by the pool on the Nieuw Statendam.  Is the charge of the cabana per person in the cabin or just per cabin?  We are in an inside cabin, so I thought this would be a nice way to enjoy being by the pool.  Would it be worth it to by the cabana for the week or just a day or two?  How do you book the cabanas before the cruise starts?

Thanks for any help!

N. Statendam doesn't have cabanas by the Lido pool. Only on the Observation Deck, called the Retreat. 

The price of the cabana is per cabana, not per person.

Only you can decide if it is "worth it"...we don't know you. Our dermatologist constantly tells us it's worth it.

We have enjoyed Lido Cabanas on the Eurodam and N.A., but obviously they are not available on Nieuw Statendam.  Instead, we have booked a Port side Retreat Cabana for our late February cruise on N.S., again to keep out of the sun,  and have a predictable place to sit.  We also hope that the excellent service we have enjoyed on the other ships will happen on N.S.  That said, it appears to me that the cabanas are on deck 12 and the pool is on deck 9 -- obviously some movement required to get from one to the other.  

11 minutes ago, Arrowinc said:

We have enjoyed Lido Cabanas on the Eurodam and N.A., but obviously they are not available on Nieuw Statendam.  Instead, we have booked a Port side Retreat Cabana for our late February cruise on N.S., again to keep out of the sun,  and have a predictable place to sit.  We also hope that the excellent service we have enjoyed on the other ships will happen on N.S.  That said, it appears to me that the cabanas are on deck 12 and the pool is on deck 9 -- obviously some movement required to get from one to the other.  

Lido cabanas are ONLY available on Eurodam and N. Amsterdam. The other 6 ships with cabanas only have Retreat cabanas.

1 hour ago, Lizziekris said:

I have tried to locate more information on the cabanas by the pool on the Nieuw Statendam.

As others have said, there are no cabanas by the pool on Nieuw Statendam. However, there are shaded alcoves on both the Lido and Panorama Decks with chairs and/or lounges that might suit if you can't reserve a Retreat Cabana. They don't cost anything additional and cannot be reserved but I could usually find one on Panorama Deck. Nothing like the amenities of a Retreat Cabana, but a possible alternative. Go to Halfacts.com and look at the photos for Koningsdam as well as Niew Statendam.

Thanks for the responses - another questions would be whether my 10 year old could share the cabana with us.  He is very behaved and quiet and wouldn't be there long as he would prefer to spend time in Club Hal, but on the occasion we are in port and would want to eat lunch together I was curious if this retreat area is adult only.

I don’t know which would be your better option, but here are a few photos, the Retreat cabanas are far away from the pool.  

8FB2A6B7-7151-4CB7-804E-76E09D1F4A55.thumb.jpeg.1a0733ac7025a391d64f993baa48cbaa.jpegFBCFE219-51FB-4597-8D4F-85087EA262E1.thumb.jpeg.88536d5fb7ea5226e5baa99275cdf503.jpeg19D641E3-9BDE-401E-80FC-ED3003313DFC.thumb.jpeg.8c0c55fc2fae14e1fc0b8c4d513a9e6e.jpeg

and the curtained off areas on the Panorama deck overlook the Lido pool 

D6CBE4BD-7391-4813-8B11-587E65E67DCF.thumb.jpeg.a19aac41dc6ce59e7df3b058fa41607d.jpeg6CDB20C2-E1F7-4B4C-BA2E-4B9F02529190.thumb.jpeg.59a04aacc6468a30597662dca28b78f1.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann

2 hours ago, Lizziekris said:

Thanks for the responses - another questions would be whether my 10 year old could share the cabana with us.  He is very behaved and quiet and wouldn't be there long as he would prefer to spend time in Club Hal, but on the occasion we are in port and would want to eat lunch together I was curious if this retreat area is adult only.

I believe the policy for Retreat cabanas is adults only.

Not sure how many kids would have fun in the retreat cabanas with no pool or splash pad, etc. Remember the cabanas are limited in the number of people who may occupy them, four for the larger ones, two for the smaller ones. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with one well-behaved kid sitting with mom or dad, but I wouldn't be happy if it became a playground area.

Per the pricing sheet, it does state "Cabana Club/Retreat Cabanas for two adults with two loungers" and for the Family cabanas "for four adults with four loungers" although I don't remember seeing four loungers in the family cabanas on the NS. I don't see anything printed that says "No children permitted."

We were on the NS last Christmas and the two person cabanas had space for two loungers and a small table between the lounges. They are not big. We had a total of four adults sharing two adjacent cabanas and it was perfect for us readers and nappers. Already bought one for a Panama cruise 18 months out.

There are a few dining tables in the retreat area but eating in the cabana means having the plates on your lap.

Edited by oceanmom