sky princess shows

pasta1

New to cruising.  But considering this cruise line as my first.

Are people allowed to save seats in the theater for these shows?  1?  2?

Is there a Dress Code?

Can one bring in drinks and snacks to the theater?
Is there a variety of entertainment offered, and what is the quality?

Thanks.

Edited by Justalone

1 minute ago, Justalone said:

Are people allowed to save seats in the theater for these shows?

Thanks.

They will announce "no saving of seats" over and over, but people always save seats.  

The theaters on Princess are inadequate to meet the demand, so you really need to get there early if you have several people who want to sit together.  

5 Skies has set pieces that block much of the side views of stage, so for that show you want seats in the middle.  I didn't care for the show, but it seems many others did like it.  Those set pieces are gone for Rock Opera so most seats are fine.  

They will have a couple fly on entertainers that vary by sailing.  We saw two production shows, one comedian twice and a fly on singer.  

19 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

They will announce "no saving of seats" over and over, but people always save seats.  

The theaters on Princess are inadequate to meet the demand, so you really need to get there early if you have several people who want to sit together.  

5 Skies has set pieces that block much of the side views of stage, so for that show you want seats in the middle.  I didn't care for the show, but it seems many others did like it.  Those set pieces are gone for Rock Opera so most seats are fine.  

They will have a couple fly on entertainers that vary by sailing.  We saw two production shows, one comedian twice and a fly on singer.  

Helpful reply.  Thank you!

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Justalone said:

Are people allowed to save seats in the theater for these shows?  1?  2?

Is there a Dress Code?

Thanks.

Just returned from the Sky Princess. First. it is a beautiful ship. No saving seats. However, ignorant people still do. As for one or two. I would not think that is any big deal. The people in front of us were holding 8 seats. So 10 seats total.Turning away anyone that wanted to sit there. Three rows from the front. Not fair to those that show up early and are looking for a seat near the front. Get to the shows at least 30 min early to get seats you may want. Rock Opera was awesome to say the least. Not what you may think. All shows were very good. You can bring drinks and snacks, but no where to put them. No tables or arm drink holders. Mostly one arm between two people. Very comfortable seats. Dress code is what the ship is doing. Basically casual. We had A great cruise. If you like bingo and trivia. More than enough to satisfy anyone. Last day bingo cover all was over $2,700.00 3 people won. Nice! Not us. Boo Hiss!

pasta1, you may encounter rough seas the first two days;  if November has a warm streak then you may be ok;  at this point no one knows.  Just have fun indoors if the outside weather is bad

20 hours ago, AF-1 said:

pasta1, you may encounter rough seas the first two days;  if November has a warm streak then you may be ok;  at this point no one knows.  Just have fun indoors if the outside weather is bad

If your cabin has the same closet as ours. Do what I did to stop the banging of the hangers in rough seas that rock the boat. The first night I pushed everything to each side. it did help, but did not stop the banging. See the picture. It worked perfect. No more banging noise. Put a towel between the hangers and the wall.

Sky 8.jpg

15 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

If your cabin has the same closet as ours. Do what I did to stop the banging of the hangers in rough seas that rock the boat. The first night I pushed everything to each side. it did help, but did not stop the banging. See the picture. It worked perfect. No more banging noise. Put a towel between the hangers and the wall.

Sky 8.jpg

Great idea. Normally between the DW and I we have enough clothes to hang up that there are not any hangers left over.

2 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Great idea. Normally between the DW and I we have enough clothes to hang up that there are not any hangers left over.

All the hangers were rocking. Even the ones with the clothes on them. Everything was swinging. Even us 😎 Not really.