Semi Live EPIC adventure! 1/26/20

Sweetnspicy

Hey everyone! I have loved the live reviews so much and I know others really get a kick out of them. It’s a little early, we don’t cruise until Sunday but we (husband and I) leave on Friday for San Juan. 

Epic 11 Day from San Juan!

Background-

This will be our 4th Cruise, all with NCL. This is our second time on the Epic and second time to the Caribbean but not this southern itinerary. All the ports are new to us!

I’m 31 and my husband is 32. We are child free and both work extremely demanding jobs. We live outside of Seattle.(It has rained almost everyday this month!!! And we got a bunch of snow last week 😭😭.)

I work as a retail manager for H&M at a high volume location and my husband works for a military contractor. This past Holiday season was extremely stressful for me and I am thrilled to be getting out of my regular routine for 14 days! 

We booked this cruise last February after we got off a 7 day on the Gem to Mexico. We travel with our best buddies who are the same age and that we have known since the guys were in the Navy together. We all decided we really wanted to try a longer cruise! We will be in Aft Balcony (also a first for us) and my girlfriend and I have the Spa pass. We are all extremely active and chose high activity excursions. Hiking, biking, snorkeling etc. 

I have been a little anxious about embarkation with all the issues in San Juan but I’ll probably just have a few mimosas and let someone else deal with the stress! 🤣 

5DA42FD2-8A3B-4E1E-A479-8E1CE8505E96.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wingnut2005 said:

Looking forward to following as we are on Epic March 1 sailing and hope to hear about  how your embarkation went and how muster drill is handled and time. Have a great cruise and thanks for doing this for everyone

I will definitely report on these issues! We have an early embarkation time of 1pm but we haven’t decided if we will actually go then. We might just wander around old San Juan until 3pm. 

10 hours ago, dexddd said:

I've been following the cameras on embarkation day.  The times around 11-12 are packed with cars.  This current sailing I didn't catch until 2:30 and there were maybe a dozen cars all moving just fine.

Could you tell me where I can see that camera. We sail the Epic in February in the Haven and are wondering what is best time to arrive at the port (not too early but not too late either).

• Like 1

I'm SO excited for your review. We're sailing the Epic in March and I can't wait to hear all about your experience. I'm particularly curious about your plans in port, as we're similar ages and also child free.

Hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wbc12345 said:

I'm SO excited for your review. We're sailing the Epic in March and I can't wait to hear all about your experience. I'm particularly curious about your plans in port, as we're similar ages and also child free.

Hope you have a great time!

We only have a few excursions booked but have plans to jet ski and snorkel almost everywhere! 

Vacation Day 1:

On our way to SeaTac airport! It’s 50 degrees and pouring rain. We have a very long travel day and a 3 hour layover in Dallas/Ft. Worth. We will land in San Juan around 11pm. 4 hours ahead of Seattle time. 

I am an anxious traveler, I worry about not making it to the airport, but once I’m there I have a blast people watching. So excited to wake up in Old San Juan tomorrow!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

I'll be on this same cruise with you.  I'm not sure what semi-live means but I 'm looking forward to reading about the trip.

It means I’ll try to update in real time but with the shoddy internet it might not be as live as I would like. 

• Like 1