Back from The Wind........thoughts.

Lois R

Good morning friends,:classic_biggrin: just home last night from my WIND to the Caribbean sailing,

had a really relaxing time (which was needed)…….ship is smaller than my previous

sailings (Spirit and Whisper) and enjoyed it too. The biggest thing was the Caribbean

Sea which was VERY funky...…..seriously.  I have sailed to the Caribbean multiple

times in January and normally it is smooth as glass......this trip? NOT SO MUCH.

I had to get up in the middle of the night twice in 7 nights and go downstairs to sit

*and fell asleep...….in the library which is mid ship/deck 4.  My cabin was very

forward up on deck 7...……….

We skipped Cozumel due to the seas...….I wasn't getting off the ship anyway.

The staff/crew were all terrific:classic_biggrin:......the food was mostly very good......had some

consistency issues, which I brought to the appropriate people's attention.

I am sailing her again in April on the crossing and have a cabin on deck 5,

lower down and closer to mid ship so hoping for a smoother sail:classic_smile:

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them...……….and it was nice

coming home not having to go to work:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

Thank you very for the positive review. Silver Wind was our first Silversea cruise ship and we liked it from the beginning.  We will be onboard again in May Tower Bridge to Tower Bridge and next year after being modified to an expedition ship to see the difference.

Lois, it sounds as though the sea was as rough for you as it was for us.  I'm glad you enjoyed your trip though. I 'm sorry to be such a grouch, but we were very disappointed with our cruise.  I refer to it as my "Kindle cruise." We were just surprised that there was really nothing to do on sea days--even on the planned ones.  No enrichment or daytime entertainment at all.  It was really too windy most of the time to sit outside. I won't list all the things that went wrong.  It  could not have been a typical Silversea cruise.  However, I must say that we enjoyed the food and thought the service was very good. 

Edited by Memlin
  • Like 1

Hi, Oh, I didn't find a lot of activities either but being totally honest here----I didn't care about doing anything LOL......

this cruise was a lot of napping and just relaxing......I slept late almost every day.....after 8 or even near 9 some

days!  I can understand your point though---if you want multiple activities, many were not offered.  Now, when

I sail on the crossing in April, hopefully they will offer more things...….but enjoying a good book is now back

on my list:classic_biggrin:

Oh, I spoke with a few folks who said the winds/seas were even worse on the cruise before mine!

Oh.....they did show both NFL Championship games on Sunday!!! I watched the Chiefs game and then part of

the Niner's…….yikes...…..the Packers looked terrible!

GO CHIEFS:classic_biggrin:

It's been my experience that a voyage that is port heavy will not have guest lecturers......why? when everyone is off ship why provide a lecture.

A crossing is different:  prisoners on board, and entertainment is necessary -- thus guest lecturers every day, probably morning and afternoon.

Let us know Lois.

Hi, maybe so but we skipped Cozumel due to bad seas....so I am not sure if they tried to put something

on the activity schedule for that day or not.   I understand your point though. They did have a culinary demo but

I missed it!!

Hi Roz:classic_smile:….yes, I really did and it was so nice not having to go to work today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had ordered a new lamp before I left and got to pick it up today....went the grocery store and it was

so empty:classic_biggrin:....Friday at 2pm LOL.....went to the bank and did laundry.  Oh the lamp is beautiful....

Tiffany and the glass is awesome:classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Sorry we missed you.  We got on the Wind the day you disembarked.  Doesn’t do you any good but our seas were almost glassy smooth yesterday and today we have a small swell but still a smooth ride.    We’re just north of the Haiti this morning.   

4 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Sorry we missed you.  We got on the Wind the day you disembarked.  Doesn’t do you any good but our seas were almost glassy smooth yesterday and today we have a small swell but still a smooth ride.    We’re just north of the Haiti this morning.   

Hi Randy-----not fair!!!!:classic_biggrin:……..just kidding.  I think you are on a different itinerary than mine and maybe the waters

calmed down?...……..glad it is smooth though.   Have a great cruise.

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy-----not fair!!!!:classic_biggrin:……..just kidding.  I think you are on a different itinerary than mine and maybe the waters

calmed down?...……..glad it is smooth though.   Have a great cruise.

We did have to skip our first stop in the Bahamas because of rough seas in the area.  Had a nice sea day instead.   

We were on your sailing as well as the previous one, which was just as rough.  We enjoy sea days and were happy all the American football games were on. The staff on the Silver Wind was great.  Food was better than a competitor who puts themselves out to be the best.  My only complaint was the bathtub shower, which I understand will go away to just a shower when renovated.  Looking forward to seeing the Wind after she is renovated.