B2B questions

13 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale so I don't know what they make you do.  I hope it's quick....as long as they don't make us go back in line for security (like the RC operators stated)!

We have never been required to go back through security for B2B changeover.

28 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale so I don't know what they make you do.  I hope it's quick....as long as they don't make us go back in line for security (like the RC operators stated)!

Disregard  the info the RC phone rep. gave you. Consecutive cruises do not have to go through the security line. You leave the ship as a group and return to the ship as a group. You may get lucky and not have to leave the ship at all. We've had B2B cruises where we had to get off the ship and some we didn't. The only exception would be if you were leaving the terminal and going into Fort Lauderdale, doing a excursion then you would have to go thru security again to get back in the terminal building. If you are planning on leaving the terminal make sure you get an "in transit pass" from the staff member in charge of the TAD process.

Edited by davekathy

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Disregard  the info the RC phone rep. gave you. Consecutive cruises do not have to go through the security line. You leave the ship as a group and return to the ship as a group. You may get lucky and not have to leave the ship at all. We've had B2B cruises where we had to get off the ship and some we didn't. The only exception would be if you were leaving the terminal and going into Fort Lauderdale, doing a excursion then you would have to go thru security again to get back in the terminal building. If you are planning on leaving the terminal make sure you get an "in transit pass" from the staff member in charge of the TAD process.

Also great to know!!!  Thank you!

We were thinking to maybe get off to help our guests carry some stuff back to the cars....and my fiancé can walk her wedding dress to the car also, so we don't have to keep it on the ship for the next 5 days.

Just now, thjeepster said:

We were thinking to maybe get off to help our guests carry some stuff back to the cars....and my fiancé can walk her wedding dress to the car also, so we don't have to keep it on the ship for the next 5 days.

If you leave the cruise terminal and don't reboard with the B2B guests, you cannot reboard the ship until general boarding has begun.  You will also go through security again.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you leave the cruise terminal and don't reboard with the B2B guests, you cannot reboard the ship until general boarding has begun.  You will also go through security again.

Thank you!!!

Also very good to know!!

We don't want to have to wait until they start boarding again with general boarding....so we probably won't go anywhere except with the B2B group!

Thanks again!

24 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

19 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Thank you!!!

Also very good to know!!

We don't want to have to wait until they start boarding again with general boarding....so we probably won't go anywhere except with the B2B group!

Thanks again!

You could stick with your original plan and then go out for breakfast, something for just the two of you.  Then re-board when regular boarding begins.  (I would want to move that gown out of the cabin, too. 😉 )

27 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Thank you!!!

Also very good to know!!

Thanks again!

If you were to leave the terminal building on your return you don't have to wait in line with others to reenter the terminal. My experience at least in San Juan I just showed the security person at the terminal doors my in transit pass and she allowed me to cut in line. I then went thru security and went directly on the ship. All boarding had started before I entered the terminal. 

Something to remember on B2B cruises. They are considered two different cruises. So your account from the first leg will be closed. So if you have Non Refundable OBC spend it all on the first leg. If you don't, you lose it. It doesn't carryover to the second leg. If you have Refundable OBC it will be credited back to your CC on record. It will not carry over to the second leg. Hopefully you will at least get a TAD letter as all this is outlined in that letter. 

Edited by davekathy

Other random thoughts for B2B:

* If you want a particular table, perhaps a romantic table for 2, let the maitre d' know the first week...they will usually accommodate you.

* There will be a "special lunch" for B2B passengers the first day of the second week...limited menu but very nice.

* I know you said you will be moving to a new cabin, same deck, in a JS.  Usually, for those staying in the same cabin, you will have access to your cabin.  Note: If you introduce yourself to the cabin steward of your second cabin, perhaps he/she can have that JS ready earlier...and you can have access to it sooner than most passengers.

* Something minor: Put away your old seapass card, so you won't get it mixed up with the new one...it happens to the best of us. 😁 The old one won't work...quite embarrassing when you do it when leaving the ship.

Congratulations and Happy Sailing!

59 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Other random thoughts for B2B:

* If you want a particular table, perhaps a romantic table for 2, let the maitre d' know the first week...they will usually accommodate you.

* There will be a "special lunch" for B2B passengers the first day of the second week...limited menu but very nice.

* I know you said you will be moving to a new cabin, same deck, in a JS.  Usually, for those staying in the same cabin, you will have access to your cabin.  Note: If you introduce yourself to the cabin steward of your second cabin, perhaps he/she can have that JS ready earlier...and you can have access to it sooner than most passengers.

* Something minor: Put away your old seapass card, so you won't get it mixed up with the new one...it happens to the best of us. 😁 The old one won't work...quite embarrassing when you do it when leaving the ship.

Congratulations and Happy Sailing!

Great advice!

We love to have the special lunch for B2Bers on the second leg since the Wndjammer and many other venues are a madhouse on the first day. Sometimes they have included free wine (we haven't seen this lately though 😞 )...

We are doing another B2B this coming December on the Harmony. We always make sure we don't have to change cabins so we've never experienced that.

T

Edited by 2chiefs