FYI - Sirena late arrival January 25

KS&JW

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I see her now at the entrance.  There is Noro on board as well- they say it only crew who are affected.  Will they do a deep clean before letting people on?

The Terrace is currently closed for 'sanitation"   I suspect they are using this time, we had to be out of the cabins by 9am, to deep clean room, hallways, etc. 

Edited by KS&JW

20 hours ago, susiesan said:

Good idea, but we have been to Miami before and seen the major sights. Besides, we don't have a car rented and we are staying at La Quinta at the airport. Not much to see in that part of town. Isn't there a shopping center at the port, is it called Bayside? is it within walking distance from terminal J? I see this on the Bayside Market Place web site, how to get there:

Port of Miami: take the free Coral Way trolley to the Biscayne Blvd. stop

Anyone ever done this?

This might be too late, though I don't think anyone else answered.  Bayside is a decent enough little mall to take up some of your time.  It isn't too far, and if you can drop your luggage at the ship and then use the same Uber or Lyft to go to Bayside, I would do it. There are places for lunch and some general shopping.

38 minutes ago, susiesan said:

It is 1:45 now, we are at the terminal, boarding has not started yet. They gave us a number  to board, I have 6. Lunch will be over, it will be time for dinner by the time we are able to embark. 

I am a little confused, susiesan. Did you just recently arrive and got boarding #6? Where is everyone else tht you got such a low number (congratulations on that!) Is there a long line up and you were near the head?

21 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We enjoy strolling on South Beach and having a nice relaxing lunch at one of the numerous outdoor cafes along the park. We wouldn’t get to the ship until after 3:00 even if it was on time. Now, no way in the world would we participate in the fiasco of everyone trying to board and have lunch starting at 1:00!!!

I'm with pinotlover on this one. Most cities we too board later in the afternoon and enjoy a bit more of the embarkation city and miss all the waiting and crowding and stressed out pax at the terminal.  Granted for Miami I am more inclined now to arrive at the terminal to get on board with the rest  of the pax.  And in this case, knowing that the ship will be late, worst case would just drop the luggage and head out (for that lunch you will miss) returning later when calm has been restored.

Good luck, susiesan. I hope the rest of the trip is uneventful for you.

2 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

I am a little confused, susiesan. Did you just recently arrive and got boarding #6? Where is everyone else tht you got such a low number (congratulations on that!) Is there a long line up and you were near the head?

I'm with pinotlover on this one. Most cities we too board later in the afternoon and enjoy a bit more of the embarkation city and miss all the waiting and crowding and stressed out pax at the terminal.  Granted for Miami I am more inclined now to arrive at the terminal to get on board with the rest  of the pax.  And in this case, knowing that the ship will be late, worst case would just drop the luggage and head out (for that lunch you will miss) returning later when calm has been restored.

Good luck, susiesan. I hope the rest of the trip is uneventful for you.

Plus 1..I am not good at waiting so if I knew the ship was late I would be somewhere shopping and eating until at least 4pm..(after having dropped my luggage at port)

Jancruz1

Home now.  But we booked out flight for 3:06Pm. We were sure it was enough time.  With the delay, calling our departure group, waiting for the bus to leave for the airport, arriving at different terminals, racing through Miami airport, waiting on lines, we arrived at the gate at 2:50. So really you have to leave plenty of time.  The 3 hour delay was significant.  We felt very comfortable with a 8 am docking and 3pm flight but things do happen 

As we had a late flight, 6pm, we purposely waiting until the 'last call' to leave the ship.  We got in our Lyft at 1:25 and were at the airport 1:40.  So we sat for several hours checking email, etc.    I hate group transport(bus) to the airport.  It is so slow and puts me in a bad mood with its inefficiency.  There were many people on our flight that were supposed to be on earlier flights.

Edited by KS&JW