Carnival - Drinks Package

IngFam

Hi all, question for all you regular Carnival cruisers.  My daughters are looking at going on Carnival Splendour in March and have enquired about a drinks package direct with Carnival and were quoted $118pp per day, which seems like a lot of money to me.  Can you purchase drinks packages on board cheaper?  Do they ever have sales online for their packages?

Thanks in advance!!!!

12 hours ago, IngFam said:

Hi all, question for all you regular Carnival cruisers.  My daughters are looking at going on Carnival Splendour in March and have enquired about a drinks package direct with Carnival and were quoted $118pp per day, which seems like a lot of money to me.  Can you purchase drinks packages on board cheaper?  Do they ever have sales online for their packages?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Yes, it is a lot of money and very expensive, although it does include some top shelf spirits. However the alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 per day (which is enough in my opinion).

I have never seen it cheaper, either pre cruise or on board.

Details here. https://www.carnival.com.au/fun-shops/cheers

Inclusions - 

• All spirits, domestic and imported beer, wine and sparkling wine by the glass, hand-crafted cocktails and frozen cocktails with top shelf brands such as Grey Goose, Patrón and Hennessy at a value of up to $20 AUD per drink.
  • Soft drinks, frozen mocktails, energy drinks, small bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages.
  • Small bottled water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants.
  • 25% off selected spirits or wines outside of the program.
  • 25% off beverage seminars and classes.
  • 25% off bottles on wine in Nouveau restaurant.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS APPLY
  • Must be 18 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.
  • Only available on cruises of 7 nights or longer departing from Australia through the end of April 2020.
  • Booked guests sailing on a 7-night cruise departing prior to April 2020 can pre-purchase CHEERS! here or by calling 13 31 94
  • *Price is per person, per day and CHEERS! must be purchased for the entire duration of the cruise.
  • Each adult assigned to the same cabin must purchase CHEERS!.
  • Only one alcoholic drink at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.
  • Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6AM - 6AM).
  • Once you have consumed your 15 drinks, you cannot purchase any additional alcoholic beverages.
  • Only one non-alcoholic beverage (other than mixers) at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.
  • If you are on the CHEERS! program, you can not (even by paying) purchase sharing cocktails (aka fishbowls), floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.
  • Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason. Responsible Service of Alcohol rules apply.
  • Program is strictly non-refundable.
  • All bottles and cans will be served opened.
  • Program only applicable for onboard purchases during regular operating hours.

Yeah; I'm a regular..

It's not cheaper on-board..

Most cocktails go for around $12.95, Beer's around $8.00, most spirits are around the $9.50. I would seriously Pay as you go..

Carnival are only trailing it at the moment till end of April. I was on 2nd cruise they had it & under 10 people got it. Most people are putting it's to costly in there feed-back survey....

Hope she enjoys her cruise cause carnival are The Fun Ships...

• 1 year later...

I just got this off the Carnival Australia website and I can’t see where it says all adults in the cabin have to purchase Cheer’s.  Am I missing something?  I ask because I have an offer for me to have unlimited drinks anywhere on the ship so I wouldn’t need Cheer’s but DH would.  Thanks!

CHEERS!

WHAT DOES 'CHEERS!' INCLUDE?

• All spirits, domestic and imported beer, wine and sparkling wine by the glass, hand-crafted cocktails and frozen cocktails with top shelf brands such as Grey Goose, Patrón and Hennessy at a value of up to $20 AUD per drink.
  • Soft drinks, frozen mocktails, energy drinks, packaged water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages.
  • Packaged Water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.
  • Bottles of liquor.
  • Beverages offered at gangway.
  • Beverages offered through room service, in-stateroom beverage programs, and apps.
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise and cigarettes.
  • Food items.
  • Fresh pressed and squeezed juices.
  • Specialty coffee and tea.

• *Price is per person, per day and CHEERS! must be purchased for the entire duration of the cruise.
  • If the program is part of an offer you’ve received from Carnival, then it’s applicable to the 1st and 2nd adults in the cabin only; if the 2nd passenger is a 18 years of age, then the Bottomless Bubbles package will be assigned.
  • Once you have consumed your 15 drinks, you cannot purchase any additional alcoholic beverages.
  • Only one non-alcoholic beverage (other than mixers) at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.
  • If you are on the CHEERS! program, you can not (even by paying) purchase sharing cocktails (aka fishbowls), floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.
  • Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason. Responsible Service of Alcohol rules apply.
  • Program is strictly non-refundable and is also non-transferable onboard.

Note: Cheers! is not applicable to Room Service purchases, and can only be purchased for the entire length of your cruise.

The Details

9 hours ago, loconut said:

I just got this off the Carnival Australia website and I can’t see where it says all adults in the cabin have to purchase Cheer’s.  Am I missing something?  I ask because I have an offer for me to have unlimited drinks anywhere on the ship so I wouldn’t need Cheer’s but DH would.  Thanks!

CHEERS!

WHAT DOES 'CHEERS!' INCLUDE?

• Soft drinks, frozen mocktails, energy drinks, packaged water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages.
  • Packaged Water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.
  • Bottles of liquor.
  • Beverages offered at gangway.
  • Beverages offered through room service, in-stateroom beverage programs, and apps.
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise and cigarettes.
  • Food items.
  • Fresh pressed and squeezed juices.
  • Specialty coffee and tea.

• If the program is part of an offer you’ve received from Carnival, then it’s applicable to the 1st and 2nd adults in the cabin only; if the 2nd passenger is a 18 years of age, then the Bottomless Bubbles package will be assigned.
  • Program is strictly non-refundable and is also non-transferable onboard.

Note: Cheers! is not applicable to Room Service purchases, and can only be purchased for the entire length of your cruise.

The Details

Can't see any requirement for all in cabin to buy, but CAN SEE "no sharing allowed".