Prosecco Anyone??

gskgizmo

14 minutes ago, gskgizmo said:

Sailing on the Crown and trying to decide on the drink package.  Does anyone know if Prosecco is included or if it is even on board???  Thanks

Yes, they have a prosecco onboard and yes, it is included in the drink package.  
Prosecco is merely a sparkling wine made in Italy ... so just like a sparkling wine you can get that was made in the US or a champagne you can get that was made in France, it may or may not be to your liking.  My neighbor is picky about her sparkling wine but she thought the Prosecco on Princess was decent.  

8 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Small bottles of Prosecco were included in the drink package on our most recent voyage on the Pacific Princess. I suspect if it's available on the small ship, the larger ones will have it as well.

Interesting. I've seen the small splits of champagne but not small bottles of prosecco. I've read that the splits of champagne are no longer offered. If there are small bottles of prosecco available perhaps I can get those to take to the cabin for mimosas. I would also get a couple to take to the disembarkation lounge to mix with the complimentary OJ they have. It makes the wait to disembark much nicer. 😎

Just off Grand and celebrated our 58th anniversary with Maitre d' and HGM. Dinner in Sabatini with MionettO Prosecco.  Got back to our stateroom and there was another bottle of MionettO Prosecco.  We enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gimer said:

Just off Grand and celebrated our 58th anniversary with Maitre d' and HGM. Dinner in Sabatini with MionettO Prosecco.  Got back to our stateroom and there was another bottle of MionettO Prosecco.  We enjoyed it. 

Is that the orange label?

Had a couple of bottles show up during my Sky cruise.

Never tried it before...

They were giving them out like candy. Reminded me of the embarkation champagne in mini suites.  Aka headache water 

Hated it. 

22 hours ago, gskgizmo said:

Sailing on the Crown and trying to decide on the drink package.  Does anyone know if Prosecco is included or if it is even on board???  Thanks

The Mionetto Prosecco with the orange label has always been avbl on our cruises and it is a fine substitute for Champagne.  I think it is $9 - $10 a glass and is eligible for full credit under the PBP.

On the Royal last year they had the 200ml bottles of Korbel or prosecco by the glass. I don't mind the Korbel and is a better deal. I would take one home unopened for morning mimosa. Can't get them on cruises out of Canada as I don't think they sell it here.

Cheers

57 minutes ago, Piperpals said:

On the Royal last year they had the 200ml bottles of Korbel or prosecco by the glass. I don't mind the Korbel and is a better deal. I would take one home unopened for morning mimosa. Can't get them on cruises out of Canada as I don't think they sell it here.

Cheers

The Korbel option disappeared sometime after May last year. It was on the Star for my LA to Vancouver. It was not available on the reverse journey in November and no sign of it on the Royal on the Thanksgiving MR cruise either. 

Bellinis also managed to run out of the one Champagne that was available by the glass and was under the $12 PBP limit on that Thanksgiving Cruise just to really rub salt into the wound.