20 year old in cabin alone non connecting room

Mammapc

Hello, 

I need help with a question I have. I am traveling with a group of 14 people. All of our rooms are connected except 1 (an inside stateroom). The question I have is this. I have 2 twenty year old girls that would like to room together in the inside stateroom, because of NCL policy, I have to split them up on paper. So, I have an adult that is wishy washy about coming that I have put into the inside cabin with one of the girls. I figure if she does not come; it’s whatever but the issue I have is that if this adult does not come...will they still allow the minor 20 year old to come on the cruise once we get to port since it’s paid for? She will still be traveling with us, but I’m afraid they will not let her go if there is not an adult in that room. They are the only two minors going and if I put any other adult in the room they/we will lose all of our cruise extras (we got pick 5), plus they are all couples and they do not want to be split up. Is there anyway I can make this work or will she not be allowed on the cruise; or will I lose the room or perks?

Is the wishy-washy adult planning on cancelling before final payment?  If not and just plans to be a no-show you're okay with the 20 year old in the inside cabin.  It will be dodgy if the adult does cancel and wants money refunded.  Can't you just book another (superfluous) adult with the 20 year old?  NCL doesn't care where people sleep and just get key cards switched at the Purser's Desk when you all figure out sleeping arrangements.

• Like 2

Thank you so much Sauer-kraut. This was the answer I needed. I’m paying for the wishy washy persons room so a refund would not be needed. I can just almost guarantee she she is still not going to come. All of our rooms are side by side, but the inside stateroom is a few doors down from our balcony rooms so we are not connected to that one; and I was fearful they would take the room away or make us move one of the adults into that room and that person would lose the *take 4* we got that the inside stateroom does not offer

Edited by Mammapc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mammapc said:

Thank you so much Sauer-kraut. This was the answer I needed. I’m paying for the wishy washy persons room so a refund would not be needed. I can just almost guarantee she she is still not going to come. All of our rooms are side by side, but the inside stateroom is a few doors down from our balcony rooms so we are not connected to that one; and I was fearful they would take the room away or make us move one of the adults into that room and that person would lose the *take 4* we got that the inside stateroom does not offer

Which ship? The above is true on Epic and older /smaller ships, but NOT on the newer BA and BA+ ships. The latters' insides have their own corridors.

They would never take a room if you didn't have a 21 or older in the room.  As said above all that needs to be done is *have* a 21 assigned to the room.

Once that's done, do what ever for cards and arrangements.

Its what I had to do for the three room coming up.  Me, the wife and oldest daughter, each as the grown up in the room...

Probably pretty dumb rule, but some box somewhere needs to be checked.

• Like 2

Does the inside cabin sleep 3?  If so, as you are planning to pay most of the costs, this seems like a wonderful opportunity for the young ladies to invite a slightly older friend to join them on an inexpensive cruise.   Maybe somebody who could not otherwise afford such a trip.  Or friend who really needs a getaway.  Or somebody really fun.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:18 AM, bluesea777 said:

Which ship? The above is true on Epic and older /smaller ships, but NOT on the newer BA and BA+ ships. The latters' insides have their own corridors.

Norwegian Joy

I am sure you are trying to be helpful? However, you are incorrect in this case, we have been on this particular ship before and you CAN access inside (maybe not all...but some YES) rooms from the inside corridors and some are indeed by the balcony rooms. 🙂

Edited by Mammapc