My view on the Meraviglia

tallyho8

12 hours ago, ron746 said:

we stopped there the week before and although there was still work in progress the island was open .the only reason it did not stop there this week was due to bad weather and not because the cabins were empty,check your facts

A poster already said they didn't stop there last week because of the weather. We were talking about it not stopping there in  November as it was supposed to do but they had to cancel those stops because the island was not ready yet resulting in many people cancelling those cruises and rebooking them later when the island would be open.

Please read the posts correctly before making comments.

10 hours ago, neptuno said:

Please do not book any MSC caribbean cruise for Ocean Cay, as it is still under construction and will be nice some day, but the coral will take years to recover.

We visited OC in December -second ship on island. Island is beautiful and probably the best one compare to other private islands. Night entertainment is amazing . What coral will take years to recover and how its affect visitors? There was no coral or any other life it was garbage island and thanks to MSC it will be changed with coral and wildlife. 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2020 at 8:45 AM, camofwilliamsburg said:

Enjoy your cruise! Its still better than being home. Hope you have early dining. We had 7:15 and missed every 9PM game or dance lesson given.

Thanks! Back today! Certainky enjoyed the cruise 😁

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 5:00 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Actually, due to basic hygiene  concerns it appears top sheets are making a comeback, even in Europe. 

Personally, I think the absence of a top sheet is disgusting. I do not believe that the duvet covers  are washed weekly and will pay close attention on my next turn around. The policy of no top sheet makes no sense because duvet covers cost more than top sheets so they can technically get away with fewer washes if a top sheet is used.  It literally gives me the shivers thinking of all the skin cells on the duvet cover/comforter; from a stranger no less.

As Mary-Louise McLaws, a researcher at Australia’s University of New South Wales, told Huffington Post in 2016: “Change and wash the doona (quilt) cover weekly if you don’t use a top sheet, otherwise change it less often based on smells and visual cleanliness.” You still need to wash whatever blanket lies on top, even if it doesn’t directly touch your bodyThe thing is, not having a top sheet is disgusting. Microbiologist and pathologist at the New York University School of Medicine Ingrid Johnson once explained to Tech Insider that top sheet or no, your bed is a literal hotbed ripe for the growth of microscopic life. Johnson rattled off a list of nauseating reasons why washing your bed sheets is important: “You have spores of fungi, bacteria, animal dander, pollen, soil, lint, finishing agents of whatever the sheets are made from, coloring material, all sorts of excrements from the body including sweat, sputum, vaginal, and anal excretions, urine milieu, skin cells …”  Consider that studies have shown that the average person sweats 23 gallons of moisture (barf!) per year, creating an “ideal fungal culture medium.” 

Apologies in advance to any millennials. https://www.inverse.com/article/42949-top-sheets-millennials-bedding-duvet-cover

I could not agree with you more. No top sheet is disgusting.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 9:01 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

I know for a fact that duvet covers are not washed at each room change.  Having personally asked for new duvet covers because the ones provided were clearly used on both RCL and Celebrity, I don't believe weekly washings of duvet covers can be assumed (at least not across all cruise lines). Admittedly, I don't know for a fact MSC's policy, but I will be paying very close attention on my next MSC cruise. 

I do hear what you are saying though. If the duvet cover is being washed each week, then I think you have a reasonable argument that duvet covers might end up more sanitary. 

Every cruise I have ever taken replaces the bed sheets every third day.  I doubt the duvet is ever washed that frequently. I'm taking a two week cruise and I absolutely would expect it to be changed as frequently as the sheets are changed.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:09 PM, camofwilliamsburg said:

A Junkanoo parade and the lighthouse laser light show. The food trucks also stay scattered around for a meal. 

Getting rid of the food trucks would make for a more "classy" experience.  The plan is to build another food pavilion.  If that happens, there probably would be for no more food trucks.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, sidari said:

A couple of years when things have grown as they should and the building compound has gone, O.C will look how it was meant to be.

Unless I misunderstood my tram driver's guide, the residential type buildings probably will not be gone.  The employees of Ocean Cay live there.  The Bahamian citizens are apparently not ferried to the island as HAL, and maybe other cruise lines, do.  Those buildings do NOT detract from the ambiance of the island as it is now--or will be, in my opinion.  The staff for a set amount of time and then return to wherever and a new set of staff members arrive.  Probably, I think, a rotating number of employees.  Ocean Cay has the potential to be "the" outstanding" private cruise line, I think.  

The food at the buffet was better than the food onboard the ship!!  The mahi mahi had a mango salsa and was great. The burgers were hot off the grill and juicy. The entire salad area had some great selections.   I said the Food trucks are great because the buffet has a limited time. When the buffet is closed the food trucks are a great addition to where to go for food. Also, gives you something to grab if going back off the ship at a later time. The menus for the food truck included a veggie burger with salads, as well as burgers, hot dogs and some other choices. 

• Like 1