About What Time Will Jewel Begin boarding?

gigito2

Sailing out of Seward this September on Jewel.  According to NCL they depart port at 9:00 PM.

Can anyone tell me generally what time boarding begins?

I know we'll be assigned a time by NCL, but I'm just interested in when it begins so I can make my travel arrangements to the port. 

Thanks.

They will probably start boarding about 11:30 am.   We boarded at 3 pm and there was no line at all.   We checked out of our motel and took the free shuttle into the main part of town for the day.   Went back to the motel, they were nice enough to store our luggage and then we went to the ship.  It was a great day, saw a few whales right by the aquarium, did some shopping and had lunch at a local eatery. 

• Like 1

Disregard the assigned time of boarding - really does not apply at Seward - where in the heck do

all these guests come out of the backwoods ?

All things being timely and on schedule - sometime after 11:00 am - - -

There will be guests who have overnighted in Seward who could board as soon as that (Sauer-kraut)

The Main transportation will be by the Alaska RR scheduled train arriving 11:05 am -

and then all the private bus coaches car rentals dog sleds what have you (maybe you are in this group) - - -

There will be another rush at about 5:00 pm with the NCL charter trains arrives.

So avoid these train arrival times and you should be able to board the JEWEL right after Security

Registration/Check in - - - The Seward Cruise Terminal does not have holding pens !

Get on board and get the party started !!!

23 minutes ago, complawyer said:

most ncl ships start boarding around 11:30-12:00. dont wait any longer than 12:30. also ncl insists all their passengers be on board at least 2 hours before sailing

The JEWEL sails at 9pm - next stop is the Hubbard Glacier next day afternoon 2pm

JEWEL arrives at Seward about 7am and everyone off the ship by 10am except those doing a B2B.

Boarding starts sometime around 11am - the scheduled Alaska RR train arrives at 11am and I walked

the 5 blocks to the ship and boarded promptly.

Boarding at Seward is spread out for several hours including the Muster Drill - the NCL Alaska RR charter

train arrives 5pm still 4 hours from sailing.

So relaxed - no panic no stress - unlike big city mayhem traffic congestion - if only all cruises could be like this !