Kids Sail Free

Jazul

Thank you Drock20J, I never thought to actually pretend like I am booking a cruise with 2 kids to see if the parents are paying more, but you are correct.  I found a sailing it is offered on and plugged in the numbers and the price of the cruise for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) was ALMOST double the price for just 2 adults.  And also thank you Missus_Aitch, EXACTLY!  If people didn't take this stuff so personally then they wouldn't have anything to complain about on these boards.  But river cruising is way too expensive for me.  Glad you enjoy it.  We must have just hit a bad week the last time we cruised.  Not like I'm not going to give it another shot.  I have 2 more RCCL cruises booked.  Happy sailing everyone! 

On 1/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, Drock20J said:

Not trying to beat you down about this, and I hope you do not find it as such...

But Royal does not lose out on money with the KSF. They use Royal Math which as many people here will tell you, is just plain impossible to understand.

Think of it like the drink package that they do by one get one half off...

The Average price of the UDP is $60, but when you get on board, they up the price to $80 but include the aforementioned deal. That means it would be $80 for one person and $40 for the other person... which means it would cost $120 for both (or $60/person) otherwise known as the original price that they offered, just packaged in a pretty bow.

I know the KSF (because I have taken advantage of this) is not really a full deal, because on those cruises, we as the parents are paying more.

We still pay less than without KSF.   Typically there is a couple hundred dollar price increase in the cabin due to it being a different cabin category,  then anywhere from 200-500 dollars (For two kids) in port fees.  We still typically save at minimum $1000 dollars compared to non KSF pricing.  It’s not like you are ever paying just the cover price of what two adults cost.  That’s not gonna happen,  but getting rid of the 3rd and 4th berth fare helps tremendously as based on the ship that typically ranges from 299-1099/child based on the itinerary and time of year.

Yet another person that believes that the only ones cruising are Americans that sticks to American school semesters when it comes to kids onboard. It's a big world out there.. just saying...

Edited by Meltdown
Edited

On 1/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, Jazul said:

Does anyone know when this promotion will be discontinued by RCCL?  And why is there no Adults Only cruise weeks for those of us who don't find the little ones so cute as they run wild all over the ships???

We are just about empty nesters so I’m not a fan of a lot of kids either. I’m just not ready for Nursing Home of the Seas aka HAL. We didn’t have issues on Anthem. The deck plans seem to separate the kids from the adults.