No Cups for Drink Packages?

steveknj

Was reading in another thread that NCL doesn't give you a cup when you have a drink package?  Is this new?  I swear we had a drink package on our last NCL cruise a few years ago.  What do you all bring to drink your soda in?  FWIW, was on RCCL for our last cruise and got a cup.  They also have those drink machines to fill up with your cup.

11 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Was reading in another thread that NCL doesn't give you a cup when you have a drink package?  Is this new?  I swear we had a drink package on our last NCL cruise a few years ago.  What do you all bring to drink your soda in?  FWIW, was on RCCL for our last cruise and got a cup.  They also have those drink machines to fill up with your cup.

NCL does not give a "Thermal cup/mug" with the Free At Sea drinking package.

One can easily carry on an empty inexpensive "cup" of the same sort, for use during the cruise ...as long as it is empty upon embarkation, at every port!

I have received two NCL soda cups with soda packages in the last 18 months on the Escape and the Breakaway.  I just asked at the Atrium bar, showed my card with the soda package, and they produced one from behind the bar.  The cups are not that great.  They are smaller and not as nice as the RCI cups.  In addition, unlike RCI they are not coded to receive soda from soda machines.

NCL never gave cups for the adult beverage package. Only the soda package. And that ended in the last year or two (not long ago). 

Very few people used them and it was a good decision to do away with them. 

Yes, no freestyle machines on NCL, so there is no need for a RFID cup. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL never gave cups for the adult beverage package. Only the soda package. And that ended in the last year or two (not long ago). 

Got one on the Escape on a cruise from New York to Maine and the Maritimes this past October.  Just asked at the Atrium bar.

22 hours ago, steveknj said:

Why do you need a cup? Don't they give you the drinks in a glass?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mom2kmo said:

Who wants to carry a cup around to get soda?  Why not just go to the bar and ask for a soda in a clean cup.   Plus how do you wash it to keep it clean?  In your bathroom sink?  🤮

The relatively few times I have used an NCL souvenir thermal cup for soda on board, the bartender has washed out the cup and lid (or at leased rinsed them) before refilling with ice and soda.