Penthouse Veranda - Pressing

friendlyfifer

One of the perks of the PV cabins is complimentary pressing. Can anyone confirm how this works? Is it a one-off perk when we board the ship and unpack or, when we use the self-service laundry, can we then have our clothes ironed by the crew? I apologise if this has already been covered in another thread.

• Like 1

I can confirm, do your own laundry, dry it then bundle the ironing into the bag provided having filled in the inventory form, leave it for your room steward to collect and bingo it comes back 24 - 48hrs later beautifully ironed. Whats not to like!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, old biddy said:

I can confirm, do your own laundry, dry it then bundle the ironing into the bag provided having filled in the inventory form, leave it for your room steward to collect and bingo it comes back 24 - 48hrs later beautifully ironed. Whats not to like!

Thank you so much for your quick response. We are of course delighted with your comments. Washing and drying is no hassle, the machine does it all, but ironing on a ship always seems like a waste of time. If someone else is willing to do it we are more that happy to let them 😀

• Like 1

Unfortunately, no free laundry done for you in PV but can confirm the free pressing as I used it several times.  

I did use their laundry service several times because I dribbled down the front of me and wanted the stains removed.  I have to give kudos because their laundry did a great job of getting out the stains on my shirts for a whopping $3.50/shirt.  

1 hour ago, Hockeyump said:

Apologies for the error.  I quickly looked at a website and they had it as included.  Just checked back and It wasn't the official site - my bad!

No problem. I knew the full laundry service wasn’t included. As I said, I am delighted with the ironing being done for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hockeyump said:

Apologies for the error.  I quickly looked at a website and they had it as included.  Just checked back and It wasn't the official site - my bad!

While having laundry done for you isn't included, self serve laundry (and detergent) is included so I understand how it can get confusing.  Complimentary pressing sounds like a very nice perk 🙂 

My hubby had to convince me that I really didn’t need to have my underware and socks ironed after we accepted an upgrade offer to a Penthouse Veranda...I kept saying but we paid extra! 😂

I  think laundry is included in a Penthouse Jr Suite.  #Goals 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

My hubby had to convince me that I really didn’t need to have my underware and socks ironed after we accepted an upgrade offer to a Penthouse Veranda...I kept saying but we paid extra! 😂

I  think laundry is included in a Penthouse Jr Suite.  #Goals 

It is, and they do a great job!

Very convenient on a longer cruise.

• Like 1

My only issue with their laundry service are those infernal tags that place discretely on your clothing with your stateroom number.  It's been 10 months and some still have not come off.  When I use those clothes again, I wonder if my clothes will be misrouted to the wrong state room?