Move up offer expiry?

Mimiya11

The move up tracker on this board has been very helpful and it has been interesting to read about some success stories.   A few people have mentioned expiry dates.  As this is my first time ever bidding and our sailing is a month away, hoping to get some clarification as to why, when and how our bids would expire?  

Am also curious how the Celebrity site shows that suites are sold out (it is past the full payment date too) on our cruise yet the move up offer was to bid on suites?   

2 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

The move up tracker on this board has been very helpful and it has been interesting to read about some success stories.   A few people have mentioned expiry dates.  As this is my first time ever bidding and our sailing is a month away, hoping to get some clarification as to why, when and how our bids would expire?  

Am also curious how the Celebrity site shows that suites are sold out (it is past the full payment date too) on our cruise yet the move up offer was to bid on suites?   

They collect bids to allow upgrading people very close to sailing date in the event of a cancellation.   One time I had a response from my bid something like "your bid has been sent to the ship for final review".   I didn't get an upgrade.   I'm assuming I was the high bidder and if there was a cancellation in the couple of days prior to boarding I would have been awarded the upgrade at the pier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimiya11 said:

What I am most interested in is references I have seen re bids being expired ? 

2 members on here have posted that they had placed multiple bids and one or more had said expired but one was still pending.  In both those cases, it turned out that they had won the upgrade for the pending bid.  I am NOT saying that is what will happen, just what others reported.  

3 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

2 members on here have posted that they had placed multiple bids and one or more had said expired but one was still pending.  In both those cases, it turned out that they had won the upgrade for the pending bid.  I am NOT saying that is what will happen, just what others reported.  

That is exactly what happened to my bids. We were not told it had expired, it was only when I checked them that I noticed one had expired. From what I have heard on the boards, in most cases you just get the unsuccessful email.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

There are a lot posts where people are saying they aren't bidding because there are no available cabins in the offered categories. That's because this process is for "just in case" as well as filling empty (more expensive) cabins. They would certainly like all of their empty cabins to be insides... and get more $ for the cabins above that before the ship sails. 

1 hour ago, MEcruzr said:

There are a lot posts where people are saying they aren't bidding because there are no available cabins in the offered categories. That's because this process is for "just in case" as well as filling empty (more expensive) cabins. They would certainly like all of their empty cabins to be insides... and get more $ for the cabins above that before the ship sails. 

Makes sense.  In checking our sailing, which is about a month away, I saw there are still a lot of AQ cabins available, which is the category we booked only two weeks ago through a great offer and pricing.   I would think those AQ cabins would be good for bidding as their locations are fine.  I am hoping to get a SS but am not being optimistic.     

This is exactly what’s happening right now to me for our 15MAR Eclipse sailing. Had bids on Sky, Celebrity and Royal suites. Sky shows as Pending and the Celebrity and Royal show expired. I’ll let you know what happens next.....

Edited by JasYHZ

4 hours ago, JasYHZ said:

This is exactly what’s happening right now to me for our 15MAR Eclipse sailing. Had bids on Sky, Celebrity and Royal suites. Sky shows as Pending and the Celebrity and Royal show expired. I’ll let you know what happens next.....

Interesting.  Our sailing is Mar 7th, 3 bids still show as pending.  All suites still show as not available.  Will keep you posted too 

On 2/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, JasYHZ said:

@JasYHZ

We are on the same sailing...

This has also happened to us - different cabin categories - all but one selection has expired & the final is still pending.

I first noticed on Friday that I could no longer access the MoveUp Window.

I went back to the e-mail I received & clicked on the modify/cancel tab - it took me to the upgrade.plusupgrade.com website.  However, I cannot make any changes.

I wonder how long they hold these bids in suspension - our credit card has not been charged...

Have you heard anything?

Are you able to access your bids?

I did send a note on Monday - but have not heard back...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Von & John said:

@JasYHZ

This has also happened to us - different cabin categories - all but one selection has expired & the final is still pending.

I went back to the e-mail I received & clicked on the modify/cancel tab - it took me to the upgrade.plusupgrade.com website.  However, I cannot make any changes.

I wonder how long they hold these bids in suspension - our credit card has not been charged...

Have you heard anything?

We leave a week before you on the Summit so timing seems to be all over the place.   As of this morning, our bids on 3 levels of suites are still pending, yet of course all suites are still showing as sold out according to the Celebrity booking website.   From the Move Up dedicated board here on CC, it seems that some people even find out as close as checking in at the port.  I am like you, I would love to win a bid but unless people start bailing because of health concerns, I doubt I will be successful.   Good luck.  Keep us posted!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

We leave a week before you on the Summit so timing seems to be all over the place.   As of this morning, our bids on 3 levels of suites are still pending, yet of course all suites are still showing as sold out according to the Celebrity booking website.   From the Move Up dedicated board here on CC, it seems that some people even find out as close as checking in at the port.  I am like you, I would love to win a bid but unless people start bailing because of health concerns, I doubt I will be successful.   Good luck.  Keep us posted!  

The odd part is that Move Up has "Expired" all but one of our Bids @ approx 44 Days out & left one "Pending"...

There are still cabins available in the "Expired" categories 🙂  

I am operating under the belief they liked other bids better & are holding them vs. awarding them at this point.

What I have not been successful in doing is getting Celebrity / Move Up to release my ability to modify/cancel my current "Pending" Bid - I can see it, by entering via my e-mail notification - but am not able to do anything with it.

At this point only time will tell  --  I guess if we decide we want to cancel the remaining "Pending" Bid - we will notify Celebrity & Move Up, via e-mail, which will have a time/date stamp.

We'd only cancel if we were to upgrade outright for a cabin we wanted...

Best Wishes in your Move Up bids!!!

Edited by Von & John

1 hour ago, mitaxi said:

I'm sailing on the Eclipse March 30....  my move up bid was accepted within a week  i resonded

and received new cabin #

Lucky you. 

Move up from what level to what level?  

Edited by Mimiya11

23 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Lucky you. 

Move up from what level to what level?  

From a reg Veranda cabin to Concierge cabin..... just bid minimum.... This will be my first Celebrity cruise...  many on RCCL and never put a bid in for a move up,  But I got this  cruise for a great price so thought I'd try, as  I wouldnt have paid regular price for the Concierge

Michele

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Von & John said:

The odd part is that Move Up has "Expired" all but one of our Bids @ approx 44 Days out & left one "Pending"...

There are still cabins available in the "Expired" categories 🙂  

I am operating under the belief they liked other bids better & are holding them vs. awarding them at this point.

What I have not been successful in doing is getting Celebrity / Move Up to release my ability to modify/cancel my current "Pending" Bid - I can see it, by entering via my e-mail notification - but am not able to do anything with it.

At this point only time will tell  --  I guess if we decide we want to cancel the remaining "Pending" Bid - we will notify Celebrity & Move Up, via e-mail, which will have a time/date stamp.

We'd only cancel if we were to upgrade outright for a cabin we wanted...

Best Wishes in your Move Up bids!!!

Exactly what's happening to us' my one "pending" bid is locked out so to speak - can't modify it or anything. If we decide to upgrade on our own we;ll do the same - email the MoveUp address asking to cancel our bid and have the date and time stamp. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Von & John said:

@JasYHZ

Have you heard anything?

As of right now there are 10 S2's, 1 S1 and 1 CS - are they holding them to see if anything else comes in at a higher bid $$$?

• Like 1

Would suspect 

10 hours ago, JasYHZ said:

As of right now there are 10 S2's, 1 S1 and 1 CS - are they holding them to see if anything else comes in at a higher bid $$$?

Well at least your cruise shows suite availability   Mine shows none.   I suspect more luck to be had going inside to outside or veranda to concierge.   Our cruise seems to have quite a few AQ availability.  Hey from TO btw.  

11 hours ago, JasYHZ said:

I doubt that's why they haven't given them to bids... there's still time for people to opt to upgrade without bidding and for new reservations. Both usually cost more than the bids would bring in. Once they determine that's unlikely to happen they will release them to bidders. If you have one bid left pending keep your fingers crossed. I suspect you might get one if they aren't sold first.

6 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

I doubt that's why they haven't given them to bids... there's still time for people to opt to upgrade without bidding and for new reservations. Both usually cost more than the bids would bring in. Once they determine that's unlikely to happen they will release them to bidders. If you have one bid left pending keep your fingers crossed. I suspect you might get one if they aren't sold first.

And just got our Sky Suite assigned - email came with the info. Logged onto my celebrity account and new stateroom was there. 

• Like 2