Review of our taxi tour

new_cruiser

Our ship was anchoring in Soufriere. We had had earlier stops in Castries & Pigeon Island so we wanted to focus on the are around Soufriere with a hike along Tet Paul Nature Trail and a visit to Diamond Falls and Botanical Garden. 

Based on a recommendation here, I contacted a few taxi companies.

Vicky from More Than a Cab responded. She already had a couple from our ship who wanted to go to those spots plus the volcano and we could join them.

Vicky met us at the dock. She was a very good driver and gave us interesting info as she drove. She set us up with guides or guided us herself at each stop. 

Tet Paul gave us great views of the pitons. Denver, our guide along the trail, described the plants along the way. It was a pleasant hike, not too hard but just hard enough.

We enjoyed the volcano stop and were happy to be in a group of 4 instead of a bus load. She took us to the Interpretive center before stopping at the volcano where a guide led us on a short walk.

Vicky guided us at the botanical garden and was knowledgeable about the plants there.

The website for More Than a Cab is

www.morethanacab.com

Email: info@morethanacab.com

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if I have a passport that expires in late May 2023 will my passport be accepted on St. Lucia in December 2022?  Understand the passport must be valid for a total of six months beyond visit to be accepted.  I also read that if on a cruise sailing out of a port and returning to same port(FLL) that a passport was not needed onSt. Lucia.  Trying to avoid an expedited passport renewal fee.

I find so many different answers online. I would call Celebrity but not sure they will be able to help.

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Does anyone know if I have a passport that expires in late May 2023 will my passport be accepted on St. Lucia in December 2022?  Understand the passport must be valid for a total of six months beyond visit to be accepted.  I also read that if on a cruise sailing out of a port and returning to same port(FLL) that a passport was not needed onSt. Lucia.  Trying to avoid an expedited passport renewal fee.

I find so many different answers online. I would call Celebrity but not sure they will be able to help.

The Embassy in USA will give the definitive answer, rather than risk a CC incorrect suggestion.

https://www.embassyofstlucia.org

Think best told pay, as one would have to pay anyway, albeit later.

Regarding my question about passport requirements on St. Lucia and at "Port Royal" suggestion I received the following prompt response from St. Lucia's embassy in Washington:

Good day Sir/Madam Please see Entry requirements on the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority website: https://www.stlucia.org/en/plan-your-trip/ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Foreign nationals visiting or entering Saint Lucia are required to have a valid passport from their country. A visitor to Saint Lucia shall be permitted entry, as long as his/her passport is valid for the duration of the stay in Saint Lucia.

Thanks again for your help.

2 hours ago, dazey said:

Regarding my question about passport requirements on St. Lucia and at "Port Royal" suggestion I received the following prompt response from St. Lucia's embassy in Washington:

Good day Sir/Madam Please see Entry requirements on the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority website: https://www.stlucia.org/en/plan-your-trip/ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Foreign nationals visiting or entering Saint Lucia are required to have a valid passport from their country. A visitor to Saint Lucia shall be permitted entry, as long as his/her passport is valid for the duration of the stay in Saint Lucia.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind of you to post the information, as it will assist CC members visiting St Lucia and hopefully encourage others to visit this magical island.