Embarkation lunch on the Jewel

kelib

3 minutes ago, kelib said:

Would anyone know if they have one and what dining room it would be in? Also, are the bars down close to that area like Shakers open right away. Looking at some people meeting for lunch.

Tsar's Palace will be open, it's right at the back of the ship and the best place for an embarkation lunch, reasonably quiet and relaxed.

• Like 1

In general the MDR at the stern is the one that is open for embarkation day lunch from Noon till 1.30pm.   As said, on the Jewel it will be Tsar's Palace.

We always try to get on board in time to eat in the MDR on embarkation day.   Remember that the crew will normally suggest that you go to the buffet!!!!

Thanks...I am used to Taste/Savor for the lunch and was wondering if it would be in Azura.  I am looking to see if we can organize  an unofficial CC get together for lunch and most of the places are too crowded to meet up with people, have met people in the past in the MDR and that seems to work better. Our Meet and Greet is not till the 4th day of the cruise so it would be nice to meet some people earlier. 

Edited by kelib

4 hours ago, kelib said:

Thanks...I am used to Taste/Savor for the lunch and was wondering if it would be in Azura.  I am looking to see if we can organize  an unofficial CC get together for lunch and most of the places are too crowded to meet up with people, have met people in the past in the MDR and that seems to work better. Our Meet and Greet is not till the 4th day of the cruise so it would be nice to meet some people earlier. 

Azura is the second dining room but will not be open for lunch on embarkation day unfortunatly.

Spinnaker Lounge would be a great spot to meet for sail away, we go there for the big window views and find it quite quiet despite the great location, I don't think the bar will not be open though. I'm not sure but I think we were getting drinks from the outside bar.

O’Sheehan’s will probably be too busy as one of the few bars open it gets busy for both eating and people standing at the bar.

6 hours ago, kelib said:

Thanks...I am used to Taste/Savor for the lunch and was wondering if it would be in Azura.  

As others have said, it will be the larger MDR.  I think that’s a beautiful space, including in the daytime because of all the windows. It’s a great place for an embarkation day lunch.