Coffee Pot?

worldlady

4 hours ago, worldlady said:

Hi All, Have an upcoming cruise on Oosterdam, my friend wants to bring her own coffeepot for use in room. Is this allowed?Thanks

From the prohibited items list:

Hookah and Water Hookah Pipes, candles and incense, strike-anywhere matches, clothing irons/steamers, heating pads, hot plates, kettles, coffee makers, toasters and other electronic cooking appliances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

From the prohibited items list:

Hookah and Water Hookah Pipes, candles and incense, strike-anywhere matches, clothing irons/steamers, heating pads, hot plates, kettles, coffee makers, toasters and other electronic cooking appliances.

Blenders? 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

A bit off topic - I have never understood why every hotel room in America has a coffee pot, with a safety off, and the cruise lines only have them in the upper tier suites.   This is on my top 10 wishlist

Hotel rooms are not cruise ships.  The wiring, construction and precautions are very different.

I suspect the suites have special precautions taken (don’t know just a best guess).

Guess I’ll be in the naughty luggage room later today.

I packed my kureg type coffee maker. The room coffee maker didn’t have Folgers available to buy. I’m a Folgers fan. I also drink coffee all day and half the night, have since I was a teen. Do not say call room service. It’s not Folgers and it’s slow.

My luggage is in storage waiting for our boarding. I can’t get to it. We used the service.

Oh well. Maybe the type of makers that come on, shoot out the water for individual cups and automatically shut off, like the ones in the rooms, will pass inspection.

I will come back today or tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kazu said:

I suspect the suites have special precautions taken (don’t know just a best guess).

The couple of times we have had coffee makers they were in upper suites.  Like Kazu I suspected they had done something extra to the wiring/circuitry or only used brands they had tested and felt were not a danger or maybe both.   Personally on one occasion it really was only an expresso machine so it it barely bridged the gap until room service coffee arrived in the morning.