Bottled Water on Seaside

ebonybee

This will be my first MSC Cruise although I have completed nearly 50 on other cruise lines.  Medically, I cannot consume any  drinks containing sugar which also excludes fruit juices, alcohol of any type, and only drink plain water—not mineral water.   I also don’t drink coffee because of the dehydrating effect.  Most cruise lines have allowed the pre purchase of a case of water to be delivered to my cabin but not getting assistance through MSC customer service. They are emphasizing purchasing the easy drink package which contains water but who wants to pay 500.00 (cabin cost) to have unfettered access to a basic need.  I drink about 128 ounces daily.   I was told once onboard I can purchase  32oz Pellegrino for $5.00 plus gratuity onboard.  Are there water fountains from which I can fill a water bottle or any other suggestions.

8 minutes ago, Liviucostin said:

If you want to buy a drink package to get bottled water I suggest the non alcoholic package. It's cheaper than easy

Aren’t all pax in the cabinet required to purchased a package?  Spouse wants to buy his beverages a la carte. I don’t want to pay a premium for just water when I don’t consume sodas, juice, or coffee.

Edited by ebonybee

1 minute ago, ebonybee said:

Aren’t all pax in the cabinet required to purchased a package?  Spouse wants to buy his beverages a la carte.

Yes that will be a problem. You both have to get the same package. The only other solution is to always buy the cheapest water bottle available. You will find it in the minibar as well and it will be the same price plus 15%

"Problem" solved by drink the free all included in your fare tap/ship's water with a reusable water bottle. Pay nothing extra, fill up as needed - heck, bring two or three to keep a couple full all the time, or bring a larger insulated bottle like a Swig Swag I or such to keep topped up, , and have as much water as you want, that's as clean/cleaner sbd safe/safer than bottled water. Plus, no single use plastics.  Win win.  

7 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

"Problem" solved by drink the free all included in your fare tap/ship's water with a reusable water bottle. Pay nothing extra, fill up as needed - heck, bring two or three to keep a couple full all the time, or bring a larger insulated bottle like a Swig Swag I or such to keep topped up, , and have as much water as you want, that's as clean/cleaner sbd safe/safer than bottled water. Plus, no single use plastics.  Win win.  

Thanks a lot and this appears to be a possible solution.  I wasn’t sure of the availability of  ice and water dispensers.

On a typical one week Seaside balcony sailing the Escape to Sea no frills rate is only about $170pp less than the All In rate which includes $100 OBC, Easy drinks package and Standard WiFi (currently costs $99.90).  So the way I look at it is that if you would use the internet package then the Easy package ends up only costing $70pp for the week, calculated as $170 minus $50 OBC (which can be used towards the daily service charges) minus $50 for WiFi.  Making the Easy package cost $10pp/day.  So each person only needs to order two drinks at $6 each to come out ahead per day.  Purchasing the Easy package separately is totally different.

1 hour ago, cruisesafer said:

On our cruise cabin water was ok to drink, but there were several signs near the water dispensers in the buffet asking passengers not to fill their own bottle at the water dispenser to avoid spreading germs...

Water bottles at the bar were about 2 euros

Ywa, obviously all of us who mention taking a reusable water bottle mean to not fill it directly from the spout. That's unsanitary in so many ways.  You fill a glass abd pour it in your bottle. Simple, clean for everyone.. 

4 hours ago, Até said:

On a typical one week Seaside balcony sailing the Escape to Sea no frills rate is only about $170pp less than the All In rate which includes $100 OBC, Easy drinks package and Standard WiFi (currently costs $99.90).  So the way I look at it is that if you would use the internet package then the Easy package ends up only costing $70pp for the week, calculated as $170 minus $50 OBC (which can be used towards the daily service charges) minus $50 for WiFi.  Making the Easy package cost $10pp/day.  So each person only needs to order two drinks at $6 each to come out ahead per day.  Purchasing the Easy package separately is totally different.

I recently booked and the all in rate wasn’t offered. I stupidly booked directly with MSC.

Edited by ebonybee

18 minutes ago, ebonybee said:

I recently booked and the all in rate wasn’t offered. I stupidly booked directly with MSC.

At some point it is always offered on Seaside Caribbean sailings, sometimes when a sailing is first listed it won't be added yet.  Online booking searches default to the cheaper rate unless you specifically click on the All In header at the top of the home page or specifically got to the "See All Pricing & Details" section of the sailing.  I always book direct with MSC, if you call in agents may assume you want the cheaper rate but usually ask.  If you're not past final payment you are able to change, if final payment has been made I'd still call and see if they might change it without having to cancel.

6 hours ago, ebonybee said:

Aren’t all pax in the cabinet required to purchased a package?  Spouse wants to buy his beverages a la carte. I don’t want to pay a premium for just water when I don’t consume sodas, juice, or coffee.

We bought our beverages a la carte; prices are lower than many other lines.  And when we wanted water we just filled a glass from cabin tap or dispenser.  In MDR dining room, once we had asked for plain water the first night, they automatically provided that every night.

2 hours ago, Até said:

At some point it is always offered on Seaside Caribbean sailings, sometimes when a sailing is first listed it won't be added yet.  Online booking searches default to the cheaper rate unless you specifically click on the All In header at the top of the home page or specifically got to the "See All Pricing & Details" section of the sailing.  I always book direct with MSC, if you call in agents may assume you want the cheaper rate but usually ask.  If you're not past final payment you are able to change, if final payment has been made I'd still call and see if they might change it without having to cancel.

I don't recall them asking and we just booked.  I call CS and requested to change and they would not. We will make the best of it.  The package certainly would have been worthwhile for the other passengers traveling with us.

they almost always let you bring bottle water back on board from port, so just pick up a couple bottles each time you in port to cut the cost of the on board bottle water.   I bring an insulated water bottle and just keep filling a the buffet, or slip a bartender a dollar and they will put ice and water in it. 

28 minutes ago, Lovtotravel2 said:

they almost always let you bring bottle water back on board from port, so just pick up a couple bottles each time you in port to cut the cost of the on board bottle water.   I bring an insulated water bottle and just keep filling a the buffet, or slip a bartender a dollar and they will put ice and water in it. 

Thanks for that tip.

2 hours ago, Lovtotravel2 said:

... or slip a bartender a dollar and they will put ice and water in it. 

My experience has been the bartenders don't want to mess with water unless it's bottled.  Giving them a dollar is probably the only way to get them to give you tap water without grief.  Good point about bringing on water at ports, usually no problem.