Snorkeling at Nachi

lesliejaykat

Hi! I'm looking for a bit more information re: snorkeling at Nachi. Do they take you out on a boat? Or is it just somewhere off the beach? I'm considering taking the kids snorkeling while we are there but the hubs doesn't swim and isn't really interested. Curious how long the snorkeling is? Or, would snorkeling right off the beach area be an option for us if we brought our own equipment? 

On 2/6/2020 at 11:23 AM, lesliejaykat said:

Hi! I'm looking for a bit more information re: snorkeling at Nachi. Do they take you out on a boat? Or is it just somewhere off the beach? I'm considering taking the kids snorkeling while we are there but the hubs doesn't swim and isn't really interested. Curious how long the snorkeling is? Or, would snorkeling right off the beach area be an option for us if we brought our own equipment? 

Snorkeling off the beach is an option, but don't expect it to be breathtaking. I've done it there a few times. It's not great, but there is one small rocky area off the beach where you can usually see some fish. You can also swim around and under the pier there, and there has always been lots of fish to see there too. A couple times, we've even seen stingrays. It's nothing spectacular, but it's a good way to spend an hour or so of your day there - if you want. 

9 hours ago, mdonohue said:

So will Nachi rent you snorkel gear outside of taking you on the boat?  If you wanted to just snorkel off the beach? Does anyone know how much that runs?

The boat snorkel trip is about $30+ per person.  Not sure if they rent gear for use form the shore.

9 hours ago, mdonohue said:

So will Nachi rent you snorkel gear outside of taking you on the boat?  If you wanted to just snorkel off the beach? Does anyone know how much that runs?

Been a few years since we did it, but they will rent snorkel equipment to use from shore. It was pretty cheap, I'm thinking $5 - but don't hold me to that. It may have gone up in the past 5-6 years.

We just came back from Cozumel.  Had our grandkids ages 4, 4, 7, &10, along with their parents.  We went to Chanakaab. First time we've been there and Loved it.  Snorkeling from shore.  We took our 7 & 10 yr olds.  The others enjoyed the pool then we all went to the sea lion show (free).