RCCL APP Check-in at new Miami terminal A

1 hour ago, turbot72lou1 said:

Who here has used the new rccl app for check-in at there new Miami terminal? it looked ultra-fast but couldn't tell where you got your room key? it looks so easy.

So far I am not able to access check in on the APP - but have done ALL my check in, on the RC  website - my SeaPass says "Expedited Arrival" - no clue WHY - and my cabin mates do NOT have "expited Arrival" - we are all three checked in .   I think you get your SeaPass cards At your Cabin Door (read that somewhere - but it's MY first RC Cruise ~~?)

Sailing in 16 days   😎

29 minutes ago, HunterBarb said:

So far I am not able to access check in on the APP - but have done ALL my check in, on the RC  website - my SeaPass says "Expedited Arrival" - no clue WHY - and my cabin mates do NOT have "expited Arrival" - we are all three checked in .   I think you get your SeaPass cards At your Cabin Door (read that somewhere - but it's MY first RC Cruise ~~?)

Sailing in 16 days   😎

If you have Expedited Arrival, everyone in your cabin can go through the Expedited line with you. Did you upload your picture to the app? Expedited Arrival seems to be randomly granted to people who check in through the app and take their picture in the app. When you get to the terminal, facial recognition identifies you in the Expedited Arrival line and your details popup on workers' tablets. They check your passport and immediately send you through security rather than waiting in the line where they have to check all your documents, scan your boarding pass, etc. 

We figure it saved us probably 10-15 minutes AND got us to 'exclusive' security lines, resulting in no wait at security either. For what it's worth, out of our group of four, only one person's picture was "acceptable quality," so they did end up taking new photos with the tablets. 

Your SeaPass will be on your cabin door as soon as you can access the hallways. Bar purchases until then will use your boarding pass - either printed or through the app.

Edited by BTHodgeman
  • Thanks 1

Last month I used the regular web online check in, not the app (uploaded our face photos but only manually entered our Passport #s) so we didn't get "expedited arrival", but I did use the passes from the app in my iphone wallet. We got there at about 10:15-m (after dealing with the dropoff traffic) and even without expedited arrival, we just walked right in, took 30 seconds for a staff member to take photos of our passports with her tablet, then were ushered right to security where there was no line (and thus no separation for the expedited arrival folks), and once through security just had our passes scanned one final time (again, no line, just walked up to a free employee). We were on the ship by 10:30am (less than 15 minutes from walking away from the porter to standing in the Oasis' Promenade. So unless you are planning on coming later in the morning/around noon time, even doing the "expedited arrival" won't even save you more than 30-60 seconds total for the pictures to be taken.  

All guests, regardless of whether they did online check in or not will get their keys in their rooms. One tip to get a "key" before rooms are ready is to get a wow band before rooms are ready.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dajbman22 said:

Last month I used the regular web online check in, not the app (uploaded our face photos but only manually entered our Passport #s) so we didn't get "expedited arrival", but I did use the passes from the app in my iphone wallet. We got there at about 10:15-m (after dealing with the dropoff traffic) and even without expedited arrival, we just walked right in, took 30 seconds for a staff member to take photos of our passports with her tablet, then were ushered right to security where there was no line (and thus no separation for the expedited arrival folks), and once through security just had our passes scanned one final time (again, no line, just walked up to a free employee). We were on the ship by 10:30am (less than 15 minutes from walking away from the porter to standing in the Oasis' Promenade. So unless you are planning on coming later in the morning/around noon time, even doing the "expedited arrival" won't even save you more than 30-60 seconds total for the pictures to be taken.  

All guests, regardless of whether they did online check in or not will get their keys in their rooms. One tip to get a "key" before rooms are ready is to get a wow band before rooms are ready.  

This has been our experience as well in our 3 cruises out of Miami. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BTHodgeman said:

Expedited Arrival seems to be randomly granted to people who check in through the app and take their picture in the app. When you get to the terminal, facial recognition identifies you in the Expedited Arrival line and your details popup on workers' tablets. They check your passport and immediately send you through security rather than waiting in the line where they have to check all your documents, scan your boarding pass, etc. 

You get "Expedited" if you have a photo and you scan your passport (instead of typing in the info).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, milford_cruiser said:

You get "Expedited" if you have a photo and you scan your passport (instead of typing in the info).

But that's not a guarantee. That might be what it takes to be eligible, but for my cruise next month, I checked everyone in using the app on their phones, took pictures, scanned passports, etc. I got expedited, but one party we are traveling with did not. 

From the sounds of it, doesn't seem to matter too much in Miami. Our last cruise was out of Port Canaveral, and we definitely saved some time. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BTHodgeman said:

But that's not a guarantee. That might be what it takes to be eligible, but for my cruise next month, I checked everyone in using the app on their phones, took pictures, scanned passports, etc. I got expedited, but one party we are traveling with did not. 

I stand corrected.  In my case we checked in and were NOT expedited, and then after I scanned passports it flipped.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrzGrl62569 said:

I did all that and mine doesn't say Expedited.

Last cruise I scanned the passport and did the pic for my husband and his was expedited but mine was not (hand entered my passport info, couldn't get it to scan right).  This cruise I scanned both passports and did our pics through the app and neither of us are expedited 🤷‍♀️

On 2/7/2020 at 8:38 PM, milford_cruiser said:

Not true, I literally just did my check in for Symphony out of Miami, typed in my passport info and took the crappy picture, and got "Expedited".

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 7:51 AM, CrzGrl62569 said:

I did all that and mine doesn't say Expedited.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, kiska said:

Not true, I literally just did my check in for Symphony out of Miami, typed in my passport info and took the crappy picture, and got "Expedited".

Aha!  Clearly the secret is "the crappy picture"!  I'm none too fond of my own 🙂

I got the tip from the Royal Caribbean Blog, and it worked for me.  Clearly, as with all things Royal IT, your mileage may vary.

35 minutes ago, milford_cruiser said:

Aha!  Clearly the secret is "the crappy picture"!  I'm none too fond of my own 🙂

I got the tip from the Royal Caribbean Blog, and it worked for me.  Clearly, as with all things Royal IT, your mileage may vary.

It is really funny because I have done these things too and once it worked, once it did not, who knows why??

Sooooo easy! I don't think it took more than 5 minutes from entry to the queue through security, the person who scanned our phones and we were walking toward the ship. I did print our boarding passes and we used those for our drink package and anything else we needed (bought internet and a couple shore excursions.)

When we went to our cabin, our passes were there. Seamless. Loved it!