ms Nieuw Amsterdam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades February 8, 2020

Scrapnana

4 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Yes. We have premium too. I'm going to reload. This is silly

Reloading will not help.  I, too, have premium and have experienced this for a couple of weeks.  Rumor has it that there are bandwidth problems with Comcast and there will be constant buffering until it is resolved...  Sorry...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

Reloading will not help.  I, too, have premium and have experienced this for a couple of weeks.  Rumor has it that there are bandwidth problems with Comcast and there will be constant buffering until it is resolved...  Sorry...

Comcast.. say no more. 🙄

Tampa/St Pete weather is clear skies and lower humidity this afternoon, better than Ft Lauderdale for now.  Just back from Ft DeSoto which is the southern tip of Pinellas County, which is a great place to watch the Tampa ships just after they pass under the Skyway Bridge.  Sadly, no HAL ships here for the first winter season in over 30 years, but Veendam returns next season.

Captain Albert, onboard Veendam, reports that Veendam will be doing a South America cruise from Tampa next season which does not show on the HAL site, at least so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Where we live, Comcast (xFinity) is 100% better than Verizon.  I had to give up Verizon many years ago -- they kept knocking many of us off the internet and watching TV was a nightmare -- cut us off there as well.

We had Comcast internet for years because there just was nothing else. Horrible. Went out every time it rained. Customer service was nasty. We switched to AT&T as soon as we could and have never looked back.

OTOH, we had DirectTV for tv and they were fantastic! One of the best companies we have ever dealt with. I actually apologized to them for leaving when we cut cords and switched to streaming. We only switched because we found we just didn't watch enough tv to justify the monthly bill. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

We had Comcast internet for years because there just was nothing else. Horrible. Went out every time it rained. Customer service was nasty. We switched to AT&T as soon as we could and have never looked back.

OTOH, we had DirectTV for tv and they were fantastic! One of the best companies we have ever dealt with. I actually apologized to them for leaving when we cut cords and switched to streaming. We only switched because we found we just didn't watch enough tv to justify the monthly bill. 

Looks as though companies are better in some areas compared to others.

1 minute ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Looks as though companies are better in some areas compared to others.

So true. I think the Comcast infrastructure here is just old and outdated and they can't keep up with the competition in a very quickly expanding market.

• Like 1