Sky Suite Differences

mchall2

Hello! 

First time cruisers here and we are booked on the April 4th Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Edge. We booked a Sky Suite for our first trip and we are wondering what the difference is between the S1, S2 and S3 Sky Suites? 

We are really looking forward to this trip and are reading all these discussion boards for some great info and tips.

Thanks!

• S3s are all in the Magic Carpet path
  •  S1 and S2 (non Aft) - I couldn’t find any difference in these rooms, except for location. S1s seem to be in more desirable locations
  • S1 aft - these are corner Sunset aft cabins with much bigger balconies 

I believe the main difference between the three is location.  S3’s are located within the track of the Magic Carpet so views could be slightly obstructed.   They also have a different layout with the bed on a side wall so it doesn’t face the water like the S1& 2 suites do.  I also don’t think they have the sliding mirrors in the bathroom which when open provide a view of the water.   We are in a S2 Aft, Deck 10 and love the new layout with the bed facing the water!  It’s a long walk to the Retreat which is Forward so I might try for a different location next time.  

• Like 2

The beds in the AFT Sky 1 Suites face a side wall. There is no sliding window in the bathroom that can be opened for a view to the sea. Unfortunately these suites have the least amount of storage space.

Beds in Sky Suites 1and 2 on the Port and Starboard sides face the water and have the sliding window in the bathroom which opens for a view.

The S3's inside the Magic Carpet track have slightly larger verandahs than the S1's and S2's on Port and Starboard. These particular suites also do not have the sliding window in the bathroom and their beds do not face the sea either.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The beds in the AFT Sky 1 Suites face a side wall. There is no sliding window in the bathroom that can be opened for a view to the sea. Unfortunately these suites have the least amount of storage space.

Beds in Sky Suites 1and 2 on the Port and Starboard sides face the water and have the sliding window in the bathroom which opens for a view.

The S3's inside the Magic Carpet track have slightly larger verandahs than the S1's and S2's on Port and Starboard. These particular suites also do not have the sliding window in the bathroom and their beds do not face the sea either.

Hi! Any difference with the balcony furniture? Have seen some with loungers and read many complains about the Sky Suites’ furniture, don’t know if Celebrity plans to do some changes. Any information will be appreciated 

There are two fairly comfortable chairs on our veranda along with a small table.  No footstool.  We have a lounger but our friends also in a S2 do not have a lounger.  The rockers originally in the Sky suites have been removed.  Other than the sofa there is only a desk chair and low round cocktail table.  There is more than enough storage.

29 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

There are two fairly comfortable chairs on our veranda along with a small table.  No footstool.  We have a lounger but our friends also in a S2 do not have a lounger.  The rockers originally in the Sky suites have been removed.  Other than the sofa there is only a desk chair and low round cocktail table.  There is more than enough storage.

And the veranda chairs can easily be moved into the suite for additional seating, there is plenty of space.

2BFEAE9E-5419-41E3-859F-9D71E07D370D.jpeg

Edited by Oville

48 minutes ago, drarill said:

Hi! Any difference with the balcony furniture? Have seen some with loungers and read many complains about the Sky Suites’ furniture, don’t know if Celebrity plans to do some changes. Any information will be appreciated 

The verandah furniture was the same for both our Inaugural cruise and TA, two chairs and a tiny table just like those in all staterooms on the ship. If you do not have loungers, ask your Butler who will get them for you. I am hoping that the verandah furniture will be improved upon going forward.

32 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

We found the storage adequate on our Inaugural cruise in an AFT Sky1, but not so in the same suite on the 14 night TA. The closets in the Sky Suites on the Edge are not as large as the same suites on the S-class ships. Also the safes on Edge are VERY small.

47 minutes ago, mafig said:

Loungers?  Is there room for two on the S2 balcony?

I'm not sure. The S1 and S2 verandahs are the width of the suites,  but not as deep. I thought they weren’t even  as deep as those on the S-class.

The S3 verandahs however, would fit 2 loungers and the 2 chairs and table.

2 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

There actually is more storage in a Sky 2 than an AFT Sky 1. 😊

The S2 has storage space behind panels in the wall which the AFT S1 doesn’t, and the dresser is longer than the one in the AFT S1.

• Like 1

I am in a S2 (10193) on the Edge right now and I’m not aware of any “storage space behind panels in the wall”.  As you enter the suite there is a 4.5’ (approx) closet for hanging clothes, then a doorway into the bath, with a second 2’ wide closet with the very small safe and shelving on the other side of the door.  Other storage is provided by three 4’ wide, fairly deep drawers.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

I am in a S2 (10193) on the Edge right now and I’m not aware of any “storage space behind panels in the wall”.  As you enter the suite there is a 4.5’ (approx) closet for hanging clothes, then a doorway into the bath, with a second 2’ wide closet with the very small safe and shelving on the other side of the door.  Other storage is provided by three 4’ wide, fairly deep drawers.  

My apologies, you are correct, the “hidden” storage is actually in the S1's.

Hope you are enjoying your suite and your cruise. 😊

• Like 1

Considering the great storage on the S class S2 cabins, I find this info about storage, especially closet space, somewhat frustrating. Two people on an  11 night cruise, on Silhouette,   (and I don’t pack lightly), we had drawers we did not use. I don’t recall seeing similar statements by folks who have been on Edge. Please, please, please correct me if I am wrong!!!

Not many people pack more than my husband and I.  I like options and don’t usually pay baggage fees.  The wide drawers are a huge improvement over the open cabinet with one shelf in the same area on the S-class ships.   For a variety of reasons we probably still  prefer a ”Revolutionized” S-class ship as a whole, however, we prefer the Edge class Sky suites.   The bathroom alone is a huge improvement!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we are on that same cruise. I mistyped the date in the original post. We are in an S2 on the 9th deck midship. Looking forward to this new experience.  

Edited by mchall2
Spelling

The s1's and s 2's, are the same- just location supposed to be better on S 1's- but IMO were the same.  The s 3's however have a poor obstructed- and sometimes noisy location.  Try to avoid them if possible.  If however, your only option, the suite deck/restaurant and perks are very good and if I had no option would book an s 3.  Enjoy