Going April 10th...What should I report on?

Sammage

54 minutes ago, Missus_Aitch said:

I’m considering going alone his summer, so I’d be curious about whether you get the sense that there are any accommodations for introverts (dining for one, quiet places to sit, etc.) Especially in Bimini. I would be a solo cruiser but not a swinging single — just looking for peac and relaxation.

On YouTube CruiseForSolos posted a series of short videos of the cabins and the solo cabin is one of them. Much larger than I expected. Looks like Virgin is taking good care of solo travelers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

On YouTube CruiseForSolos posted a series of short videos of the cabins and the solo cabin is one of them. Much larger than I expected. Looks like Virgin is taking good care of solo travelers. 

Thanks, will go try to find it. 

I just realized you weren’t talking to me, but I’m going to go find it anyway. 🙂

(I’ll be in a solo insider but I’ve only seen it from a few angles, so much coverage is the suites.)

24 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

Hmm. The one he labels as a Solo Insider looks like a regular insider to me. Attached pic is the floor plan from VV’s site, the solo insider isn’t big enough for a convertible sofa like the one shown in his video. (According to this picture anyway.)

86742EE8-1F79-4DDF-8AF9-91FA66DED9B7.jpeg

Edited by AlyssaJames

Lots of good stuff! I'll try to get to all of it. One thing we just found out is around the controversial "No drink package" policy. We just did a 'Prepaid Bar Tab" that is a lot like a drink package tbh. They give you a bonus for prepaying. The marketing says pay $300 and get $50 free, but we got a pay $300 and get $100 free. It's per 'sailor' but you aren't limited to getting just one drink, so we're sharing the one (I'll go get the drinks most of the time) and seeing how far it goes. it also includes the premium non-alcoholic beverages.

Edited by Sammage

Ready to get pounced on for this one, but I would love to get an idea of how the crew is. “Different “ to me is great. Design, I can appreciate all different kinds. I am very concerned with arrogance. Just like with restaurants and smaller entertainment venues, I don’t patronage the ones where staff has attitude. Trendy, hip, chic, all of that can be done in two very different ways. Are they really open diverse and different, or do you have to have 500k+ insta followers etc. 

The bathrooms have been reported as "small" and might be uncomfortable for cruisers "of size." My husband is now concerned the showers are too small. If you could take a look at the width of the shower opening and possibly the measurements of the shower, that would be awesome. I know it's a strange ask, so no problem if it's too much.

Two excellent tours from Dover. Not only are the bathrooms small, but the door opens into the shower stall making it even tighter. The door should have swung out into the bathroom.

We are definitely concerned with the lack of storage space inside the cabin. Also now seeing the completed main pool with that tiny rectangle as the only real pool on the entire ship is a concern. I thought it was going to be that entire oblong shape, but most of that is just a shallow lounging area. Definitely not well thought out for a Caribbean based ship.  We have not cancelled our August cruise yet, but watching closely to see what others are showing with the ship. 

FROM THE FAQ PAGE:

What amenities are included in cabins?
Our cabins serve as the perfect retreat for sailors offering epic comfort and style. They include:

- Roomy Rainshowers 
- Mood lighting
- Clever cabin control
- 43"+ 4K flat-screen HDTV with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile phones
- In-room mini bar with ice bucket, bottle opener and glassware
- Bathroom necessities such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand wash
- Hairdryer
- In-room safe (fits 17" laptop)
- At least 4 North American (110v) and 1 European (220v) power outlets, plus 6 USB ports
- Open wardrobe space

41 minutes ago, ladytimedramon said:

One thing I would like to know, because I didn't see it addressed in either video, is if there are hairdryers built in anywhere. I didn't seem to see one. I hopefully would not have to pack a hairdryer, especially since I would have to fly to get to Miami.

IIRC the hairdryer is in the closet area in a bag on the shelf.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...